Pacific Brewers Cup 2012

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Pacific Brewers Cup 2012

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

http://www.pacificbrewerscup.com/

Entries due by Sept. 6. Judging is on Sept. 22.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Re: Pacific Brewers Cup 2012

Post by bwarbiany »

I think I'm going to have to submit the HefeRyezen (Roggenbier) to this one. See how WB-06 does in competition, since I've heard the HBT folks consider it an inferior hefeweizen yeast to the liquid variants...
Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Thanks for posting this up! I've been wanting to enter this one and would have forgotten!

I've got a few entries I think are ready for the Pacific Brewers Cup.... I hope my Weizenbock will be ready by the 6th!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Weizenbock, Gruit, Dubbel & Metheglin were all labeled and ready, and I showed up at one of the listed locations on the 6th .. only to find out that they no longer accepted the entries. :(

Apparently a little miscommunication between the LHBS and Pac Brewer's website ... so, I have 4 entries for another competition somewhere out there...

Looking for suggestions!
-LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

That's strange Chris. I dropped off my entries at More Beer in Riverside on the 6th with no problems. You may want to contact the competition organizer (there are email addresses on the pacificbrewerscup.com site and on the BJCP web site) to see if you can get your entries turned in via some other means.

I entered a Vienna, Blonde Ale, Cream Ale, and a melomel.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

PBC is still looking for more judges this weekend. I will be attending a wedding, so I can't make it.
Plans for this year’s Pacific Brewing Cup are developing well with about 1/3 more entries than any previous PBC. 52 judges have registered to date and we need at least 10 more, especially BJCP judges, to do these beers in a reasonable time. This year the contest returns to the Four Points Sheraton LAX hotel for judging and the experience should be very close to an NHC second round in terms of beer quality and judging logistics.

I’m personally asking for your help. If you can, please register on the PBC website, http://www.pacificbrewerscup.com and circulate this request to other judges. If you can judge, please try to arrive by 8:30AM so we can start at 9. Parking is comped in the hotel's parking structure.
ArrogantDan

Post by ArrogantDan »

Congratulations to Brad for 2 medals:
•silver - Blonde Ale
•bronze - Cream Ale

And to Eric Addison's silver medal for his Oatmeal Stout.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Fantastic! Congrats Brad & Eric!
--LexusChris
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Congrats Brad and Eric!