WIN a FREE T shirt

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

oc eric

WIN a FREE T shirt

Post by oc eric »

Recipee kits are in big demand, and I just don't have very many...especially ones I have tested. So I need brewcommune's help with recipes. I'm willing to put my schwag where my mouth is too. It's competition time!!!

AHP extract only competition
Entries are due to Eric at the shop by Sunday June 27th - that's 6 weeks away!
Judging will take place later that Sunday. It'll be me, and at least 2 other judges
All entries MUST include the recipe - which I will use to build kits to sell at the shop

1st place - $20 Store credit + AHP T shirt + your image (picture or logo) on the recipe kit
2n place - AHP T shirt
3rd place - AHP Keychain bottler opener

I'm sure I forgot to explain something or include something else, so let me know where I have erred. info@homebrewprovisions.com or 714.752.8446

This is an easy and fun competition to enter. Enjoy and Good luck!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
lexuschris

Re: WIN a FREE T shirt

Post by lexuschris »

Sounds like a good idea!

Are we limited to a certain type of extract? Pale? Amber? Wheat?
Are steeping grains allowed?
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Chris, thanks for jumping in.

The only "limitation" is it must be extract (specialty grains are expected) and you must give me the recipe. Other than that the field is WIDE open. This is a fun competition. No stress. Very little formality. It is PERFECT for people who are new to comps and wonder what it is like. There will be feedback sheets so even if you don't win, you'll find out more about your beer.

6 weeks away, which is plenty of time to brew and have it fully matured for the comp. Did I mention it is FREE to enter? Did I mention you could get your picture or logo on the recipe package when I sell it in the shop? What more could you ask for?

Good luck and have fun with it.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

I only have one extract recipe that's worth anything, but:

1) It's not original (clone of SNPA called High Sierra Pale Ale, which I converted to extract)
2) I don't have time/inclination to brew it right now.

But I can send you the recipe if you want it. It's proven, as I brewed & kegged it, then my wife's friends (who all went to Chico) tried it. I passed it off as a keg of SNPA and they couldn't tell the difference (until I revealed it was my own).
Brad
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

bwarbiany wrote:I only have one extract recipe that's worth anything, but:

1) It's not original (clone of SNPA called High Sierra Pale Ale, which I converted to extract)
2) I don't have time/inclination to brew it right now.

But I can send you the recipe if you want it. It's proven, as I brewed & kegged it, then my wife's friends (who all went to Chico) tried it. I passed it off as a keg of SNPA and they couldn't tell the difference (until I revealed it was my own).
Thanks Brad. Please do send it to me. :cheers:
Last edited by oc eric on Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

oc eric wrote:Thanks Brian. Please do send it to me. :cheers:
Or Brad....

Wish I could help but all my extract recipes are gone about 4 computers ago.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

backyard brewer wrote:
oc eric wrote:Thanks Brian. Please do send it to me. :cheers:
Or Brad....

Wish I could help but all my extract recipes are gone about 4 computers ago.
I said Brad :wink:
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I have some from back in the day. What format do you want them in?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
jward

Post by jward »

I used B3 kits when making extract beers which is to say I don't have any of my own recipes, and that you should have kits. Way to go.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:I have some from back in the day. What format do you want them in?
Whatever is easier. I have Beersmith and Promash. Thank You.

When you say back in the day, do you mean "when I was learning"? I'm looking for recipes that people would be happy they paid for.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

oc eric wrote:
BrewMasterBrad wrote:I have some from back in the day. What format do you want them in?
Whatever is easier. I have Beersmith and Promash. Thank You.

When you say back in the day, do you mean "when I was learning"? I'm looking for recipes that people would be happy they paid for.
Just back in the day when I brewed extract batches.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

BUMP

Just making sure you extract brewer's are getting on it in time for June 27th! 8)
BadSaxx

Post by BadSaxx »

I sympathize with your concerns about getting untried recipes from the internet. If you want a very reliable, time-tested set of recipes, I would recommend you use the recipes posted with the kits at http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/r ... ?limit=all I’ve used a lot of them and NEVER been disappointed. Plus, they list both extract and all grain versions. Just click on the kit, then go to the Kit Inventory Sheet at the bottom, which lists all of the ingredients for each kit. Plus, the kit examples are great for establishing reasonable prices, and they use standardized package sizes for extract and other ingredients.

Don't worry about copyright. Mere listings of ingredients as in recipes, formulas, compounds, or prescriptions are not subject to copyright protection. However, when a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection. NB's inventory lists (minus the explanations and directions) do not fall under copyright protection. You should feel free to use them as a starting point for your recipe kits. Having said that, I would not use the recipe names, as there may be basis for copyright protection of them, and do not reference NB as a source, as this may engender Lanham Act/false endorsement claims.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Thanks Bad Saxx! I'll check it out right now.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Don't worry about copyright. Mere listings of ingredients as in recipes, formulas, compounds, or prescriptions are not subject to copyright protection. However, when a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection. NB's inventory lists (minus the explanations and directions) do not fall under copyright protection.
Man, you sound like a lawyer. :wink: