Taking the plunge ... American Amber Ale

Share recipes here and discuss recipes posted in the recipe database.

Moderator: Post Moderators

JonGoku

Re: Taking the plunge ... American Amber Ale

Post by JonGoku »

kevinham wrote:For ingredients for the next batch, I would suggest The Bruery Provisions in Placentia. I have a feeling the prices may be a little better. :)
Any word on if we'll be able to squeak in a club discount and if so how much? :wink:
Will the store have a website with inventory and pricing? I'm so excited to have a local alternative to Steinswindlers!
Jon Image
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

JonGoku wrote:
kevinham wrote:For ingredients for the next batch, I would suggest The Bruery Provisions in Placentia. I have a feeling the prices may be a little better. :)
Any word on if we'll be able to squeak in a club discount and if so how much? :wink:
Will the store have a website with inventory and pricing? I'm so excited to have a local alternative to Steinswindlers!
We will offer Brewcommune members a 10% discount on our already low prices.

The website is coming soon. As soon as the "soft" opening is done, we can work on beefing up inventory, and then we will start working on a website with online ordering where you can have it shipped or pick it up in the store. You should also be able to get a discount through the site.

Our soft opening is Friday so come on down and check things out. If we don't have what you want, please let us know so we can get it in stock.
Kevin
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Brief hijack of this thread ... feel free to move as necessary.

Hey Kevin:

If / when we organize our next group buy, will we be able to organize it through Bruery Provisions? Perhaps we could find a way to support both the interest of the club and Bruery Provisions. I don't know about the rest of the club, but it won't be long before I'm out of base malt.

Dan
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

dhempy wrote:Brief hijack of this thread ... feel free to move as necessary.

Hey Kevin:

If / when we organize our next group buy, will we be able to organize it through Bruery Provisions? Perhaps we could find a way to support both the interest of the club and Bruery Provisions. I don't know about the rest of the club, but it won't be long before I'm out of base malt.

Dan

I was going to move it but it is good info for the thread. Actual requests for a group buy should be in the Club Only forums but since this is a vault off the discount inquiry I'm leaving it.....

Please don't post further responses to the group buy portion of this thread but start a new thread in Club Only Cheers.

Muchas Gracias,
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Well, good news. I bottled my American Amber Ale last night, and it looked & smelled just fine. <whew!>

Althought I usually sample the beer at the end of bottling, I was rushing due to a small leak in my bottling pail. I did not get a chance to sip and know for sure. BUT, it looked & smelled completely normal (& delicious!)

I'll give a taste in a few weeks, and see how it does. Meanwhile, I am planning a recipe for this Memorial Day weekend. I have some left-over specialty grain from this recipe, so I'll proably do something similar but a slightly different focus.

:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Awesome! I can't believe you going to be able to wait 4 weeks before cracking one though :)
Jon Image
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

JonGoku wrote:Awesome! I can't believe you going to be able to wait 4 weeks before cracking one though :)
Benjamin Franklin wrote:He that can have patience, can have what he will.
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Benjamin Franklin wrote:Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Jon Image
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

brahn wrote:One thing that made my life easier with the chiller was attaching a valve to the end of the hose that connects to the chiller. That way I can adjust the flow rate and shut off the water right at the chiller.
An excellent idea and I picked up a plastic one at Lowes the day before AG#2 brewday! Here it is 'in-use'.
AG2_IWCs.jpg
AG2_IWCs.jpg (53.93 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
Oh, and I decided to make a yeast starter from this batch for my American Pale Ale (AG#2). So, I drank 2/3 a bottle of this young ale and was really pleased! It was young but tasty!

Many thanks!
--LexusChris
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Hey Chris:

Congrats on AG#1 ... sounds like you're off to a great start!

Dan