Captain's Mash Guideline Chart

Mashing, fly sparging, batch sparging, dry hopping, late additions. Have an idea you want to bounce or stop by and share your experiences here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

brew captain

Captain's Mash Guideline Chart

Post by brew captain »

Hey guys,

I have mentioned the existence of this chart to a few of you. I finally found it and thought that it could be of some service to everyone learning to go all grain and to those trying to master their control over the process. This is how I "get it" so far as mash temperatures, water volumes, mineral additions and mash duration effect the style of beer you are making without a bunch of scientific hoopla...

Cheers!
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

That's really cool Robert!
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Nice Robert!

I see you're getting in touch with your inner geek!
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

Takes one to know one Pete! :twisted:

Did you eat all God's small creatures you blasted into smithereens this weekend? I have had quail breasts wrapped in bacon and thought I had died and gone to heaven...

Cheers!
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

YessireeBob! We cooked them up in a nice champagne reduction with some tart cherry glaze and the obligatory Yorkshire Pudding, a bottle of great white Burgundy and various potato and green vegetables. The pheasant was in a mushroom/white wine sauce with shallot, cherville and savory and some nice squashes, green beans and cheesebreads.

Great stuff, great company and great food!

Cheers,

Pete
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!