1.5 BBL Brewday

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

brianc

1.5 BBL Brewday

Post by brianc »

I pulled my big system home and set it up in the garage just so I can start using it. I brewed the first batch this last Sunday. I took a few pictures and did a little write up and posted it on my never updated personal homebrewing blog.

It definitely needs the second burner I was planning on. I thought I could get away with the one propane burner, but it wasn't enough.

http://www.cockalebrewery.com/

Comments (positive and negative) always welcome!

--Brian
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Very nice Brian!

What size burner do you need? I posted one on the classified's here that was pretty cheap, but you probably have better contacts!
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Tim Allen would be proud of that 50 gallon batch, but what do you do with that much Blonde Ale?
brianc

Post by brianc »

maltbarley wrote:Tim Allen would be proud of that 50 gallon batch, but what do you do with that much Blonde Ale?
We have a big block party on the 4th of July. A lot of it will probably go towards that :)
brianc

Post by brianc »

spkrtoy wrote:Very nice Brian!

What size burner do you need? I posted one on the classified's here that was pretty cheap, but you probably have better contacts!
I already have the natural gas burners. I just don't have it stubbed out where this is setup at the house. Eventually it will all be back over at the shop, but it will still be a while before that is all ready to go.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Looks like it went pretty smoothly for a first run. It's amazing how fast you can lose heat just by the vorlauf.