Grain mills...

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Grain mills...

Post by bwarbiany »

It's time to buy a mill... And I'm looking for recommendations.

1) BrianC, anything you can order at the Zymurguy shop that you recommend?

2) Does B3-Riverside carry a good mill? (I see the MILL400 w/ hopper and wood stand is $150).

3) Barring the two above, NorthernBrewer has both the Barleycrusher ($146) and the Crankandstein (w/ hopper and wood base, roughly $155). Any recommendations between the two?

Obviously buying local may be preferred (if for no other reason than we get discounts), but I want a mill that I'll enjoy for a long time to come. B3 offers their own design, so I'm not as sure if it has the same sort of "install base" as the barleycrusher, and thus I"m not sure which is better.
Brad
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

I have a Crankenstein 2d with Stainless Steel rollers and I'm happy with it. I know a lot of the other brewers have them too. Just be sure to get one that's adjustable so you can do different grains in the future.
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

My bad... Anyone with privileges can feel free to merge this thread into that one...
Brad