My new kegerator

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Rezzin

Post by Rezzin »

Nice job Kevin - looks really good!

I just used a ss metal mud pan from Home Depot for my drip tray. A couple of magnets holds it in place. The one Lyn made you is much nicer though :twisted:
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
jward

Post by jward »

Backyard Brewer wrote:
kevinham wrote:
Ahh crap. :cry:
Yep. I didn't find that gem of information until mine was well rusted.

The issue is because when the freezer is on, it freezes! So, it forms a lot of ice immediately on the inside surface. But because the internal temp is being held at refrigeration temps, the ice melts and gets into those seams. They are not meant to have water in contact so...................... rust....
BB and others tipped me off about this in time for me. Mine seems to have aluminum lining on the inside. The silicone doesn't stick very well to it. The aluminum lining may not rust but I'm sure the shell and frame will if water works it's way there. Oh, cleaning the inside surface with baking soda in water will help retard mold growth.
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Brian,

If you need one, give me some dimensions and I can whip one out for you, or anyone else.

I'll look for some drilled or slotted metal to install in the tray to make it look "professional".

I can bend any type of sheet metal here at work as we have a 10' hand brake that will do 16 ga. mild steel. At home I can go up to 30" and probably 22 ga. with a brake, shear and rolls.
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Thought you guys might like to see how it looked with the drip tray. I finally got around to posting the pictures. Thanks Lyn!

Kevin
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

You're welcome.
Glad to help out a fellow homebrewer.
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.