Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

JonW
Site Admin

Re: Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Post by JonW »

Yeah, I already go the new ones. They work a little better than the original ones. For some reason, I had thought the new ones would be a screw on lid (the collar comes off the growler to show the screw threads).
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

So did new lids come separately for all of the growlers we ordered? I'll have to get down there to pick mine up ...

Dan
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

dhempy wrote:So did new lids come separately for all of the growlers we ordered? I'll have to get down there to pick mine up ...

Dan
Yeah, they didn't have them in stock when the growlers shipped.

Overall, I like these growlers. Only used them once so far, but they are nice for pouring from and seem to do a good job on the insulated quality.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

JonW wrote:Yeah, I already go the new ones. They work a little better than the original ones. For some reason, I had thought the new ones would be a screw on lid (the collar comes off the growler to show the screw threads).
Yeah, I noticed that the threads looked like my Hydro Flask and Fifty Fifty growlers, so while at Brewers Hardware I tried the Fifty Fifty growler screw lid on the MiiR threads, and it seemed to fit. So, it would seem that if you really wanted screw top instead of flip-top, you could buy one like this http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Mouth-Water- ... B00IKMHK3U. Personally, I'm not a big fan of a screw top on those threads. The only stainless growler with a screw top lid that I like is the Brauler, and it's not double walled, which is a deal breaker to me at the same price. I only take my Brauler when I'm on a road trip and know that I'll have my growler on ice in a cooler.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

Hey, just wanted to remind everyone that the new lids are still available for pickup. If you haven't received yours they are at Brewers Hardware. A few members still haven't picked up their growlers as well, but I will message them individually.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I'll give you $10/ea for them, Curtis. :-)
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

Luke, any word on the optional handles we ordered?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra