Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

ocluke

Re: Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Post by ocluke »

If dhempy takes 1 and jward takes 1, we're at 12. I can put in that order. If both want 2 and bwarbiany wants in, i can add those to a 2nd order, if we get there. I'll move forward on this first order right away. Can i get you all to PayPal me for your orders? Please use personal payment so there isn't a service charge, and put what it is for and your handle in the notes if you can, so i can distinguish you (e.g., "ocluke" black growler).
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Just a warning Luke about using Paypal for this. When they see several transactions coming as personal transfers in a short amount of time, they often look at the transfers to see what the messages say. If everyone is listing that it is for a purchase, they will likely restrict your account. Believe me, I know - they did it to me.

Anyways, Paypal sent. I did not put details in the transaction because of the above. :)
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I'd go in for 1 or 2 on another purchase.. Like the flip top idea on this one!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Interesting. You're the only one to pay me so far, and with less than a dozen payments, that would be strange of them. Just to be safe, don't worry about noting anything in the payment. Just post back here that you paid.
My paypal is luke (at) ocluke <dot> com

(edited to mask email for spam)
Last edited by backyard brewer on Fri May 16, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (edited to mask email for spam)
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

It's PayPal Luke, nothing from them would be considered strange. The message below sounds like a warning, but they did in fact restrict my account, not just warn me. This is also a personal account, not a business account as they refer to my "customers".

Just trying to give you a heads up that when receiving personal payments, don't have people list products in the notes.
Thank you for using PayPal to accept money with your PayPal account. We recently changed our pricing structure so that you can receive money from friends and family for personal payments within the US for free. Personal payments are for sending a gift, splitting a lunch bill, paying your share of the living expenses, and everyday exchanges of money between friends and family.

If you receive money as a payment for a purchase or service, you will continue to incur fees.

We've noticed that some of your customers are sending you personal payments for purchases of items or services; for example, transaction ID: txn 43004591PG435XXXX. We need your help correcting it. Please don't ask or allow your customers to use personal payments to pay for their purchases.

If we continue to see such activity, we may have to disable your ability to receive free personal payments, and then you will pay fees for all money received through PayPal.
WillL

Post by WillL »

Paid
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Paid
Maltose Parrot

Post by Maltose Parrot »

Paid.
BrianB

Post by BrianB »

Paid
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Alright .. I'm in for 1. Paid.

Dan
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Here's the order that I'm going to put in. If anyone sees a problem with the color selection, etc., let me know today. I'll put this order in by no later than tomorrow.

I've also put in an email inquiry to them to see if I can order more than 12, but less than 24, at the same price. They might let me do it over the phone. If that is the case, can those of you who said you'd order if another order was put in please reply with the exact quantity and color you would want?
Luke

CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

Paid!
I guess I'm the only one who diggs the blue growler~
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

CurtisG wrote:Paid!
I guess I'm the only one who diggs the blue growler~
I just put mine under a random color, but I'm likely doing blue as well.
Luke

bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

ocluke wrote:If that is the case, can those of you who said you'd order if another order was put in please reply with the exact quantity and color you would want?
I'm only in if you *need* additional to make it to 24... Otherwise, I'll survive with the far-too-much-stuff I already own!
Brad
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

UPDATES:
  • (1) I can order any quantity of 12 or over at the same rate. I just have to deal with the sales manager directly.
  • (2) It looks like I was misinformed on the time frame. While some growlers are coming in June, our order will be fulfilled at the end of July. If that changes anyone's situation, speak now. Otherwise, I'll assume you're of the position, "that sucks, but okay."
  • (3) Because it will not affect our timing, I'll put this order in on Monday to allow anyone looking at the post over the weekend to get in on the order. If you are in, just reply here with quantity and color, and then Paypal me at the information above, following JonW's advice. I'll then update the order sheet.
Luke