Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

ocluke

Re: Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Post by ocluke »

JonW wrote: You need to get that wine club moved to another night! We do have another BC meeting tomorrow night.
It's been going on for 15 years straight at the same day and time, so the inertia is beyond my control.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Update on growler order is below. Key points in bold.

Growlers are still expected to arrive at the MiiR warehouse at the end of July, shipping out shortly after arriving. I was informed by the account rep that they have improved the the lid enclosure based upon feedback from the first round of Kickstarter orders. All of our growlers will receive the new lid design. The main difference is the height of the lid. It's going to slide under the clasp closure instead of going over it. The account rep said that the MiiR employees all find the new lid to be a nice improvement. They do not yet have any stock photos, but they sent me an iPhone shot of the prototype:
Compare that to the original, and you can see the lower profile of the new design (I'm guessing that this will also allow the growler to stand up in tighter areas where it could not before):

Additionally, if you would like to order a handle for your growler(s), you can see an image of what they look like below:

Wholesale pricing is usually $4.95 each, but the account rep is offering them to us at $3 each if we order 12 or more. Even though the photo is black, handles only come in stainless, so depending on what color you ordered, you may or may not like the look with the handle. Personally, I think stainless handles on any of these 3 color combinations would look good. They snap on over the enclosure.

If you want handles, follow the same instructions as last time:
1. Sending personal payment money to my PayPal to luke [at] ocluke dot com (obfuscated at the request of administrators).
2. Let me know here that you paid and how many handles you ordered.

I'll put in the handle order on Friday morning, so take the next couple of days to decide and respond. I'll update the order sheet with handles added to the order.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Due to the lack of response, I'm assuming nobody wants a handle for their growler(s)? I'm buying 3 either way. If anyone else wants one or more, let me know. It's $3/each at a quantity of 12+. I think it's $5/each at quantities under that.

Update: The account rep says that as long as some of the handles are still unspoken for, we can likely order these up until the ship date on the growlers.
Luke

BigDaddyOC

Post by BigDaddyOC »

I paid based on the $3 price. If you don't get 12 let me know.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

BigDaddyOC wrote:I paid based on the $3 price. If you don't get 12 let me know.
Between you and I, we have 6. If we don't get 6 more, I'll let you know and you can decide if you want them at $5, or prefer that I reimburse you.
Luke

JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'll take 2 for mine.

Update: money sent via PP.
Last edited by JonW on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I'll take one too if it's not too late. I'll send the paypal later when I'm on my other pc.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

brahn wrote:I'll take one too if it's not too late. I'll send the paypal later when I'm on my other pc.
It's not too late. I think we're going to be good as long as I update/pay them before our order ships out, assuming they have enough. I want to wait to give them 1 order for the handles so I'm not bugging the rep with each new update.
Luke

SamIam

Post by SamIam »

I'll take two as well, if its no to late. Thanks
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Money sent.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

We're up to 11, so if we get at least 1 more, we'll be at $3/each.
Luke

lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Ok, I'll order 2 handles .. that brings us to 13.

Sending PP in a few mins...
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

A quick update on the growler situation. It seems as though they hit an unanticipated snag in the production process, and the growlers have only recently left the port. This puts the growlers arriving to the MiiR facility the second week of September, being shipped out to us shortly thereafter. I'll update you guys when I have more information, and then maybe plan to bring them all to one location after they arrive, or come up with some other plan where everyone can get the growlers.
Luke

maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Open tap night at Luke's sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the offer!
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

maltbarley wrote:Open tap night at Luke's sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the offer!
That's perfectly fine with me, but don't expect the growlers to come filled :-/
Luke