SS Brew Bucket

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

WillL

SS Brew Bucket

Post by WillL »

Hey all,

SS Brewing Technologies came out with a SS fermenting bucket not too long ago and they were sold out until today. I guess they are letting people buy them for pre-order on a first come first serve basis and it started at 4pm. Not sure if any of you guys have seen any info on them, but it seems like an interesting idea to have a stainless steel bucket. It only holds just under 7 gallons, so it might be cool for people who still do 5 gallon batches. They also seem to be local and located in Irvine. Would love to know what you guys think about it.

Here is the website and info on it: http://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/brewbucket

Cheers,
Will
:cheers:
bwarbiany

Re: SS Brew Bucket

Post by bwarbiany »

Yeah, I saw that... Looks like a pretty cool idea, and it's stackable (even when full), which will save space for some folks.

IMHO it needs a thermowell, because if you're spending $175 on your fermenter, I would expect you've already figured out that you need temperature controlled fermentation... But even with the "tape the thermo probe to the side" method, it's still better than plastic buckets or glass carboys...
Brad