Nostalgia Electrics Kegorators

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

dougharold

Nostalgia Electrics Kegorators

Post by dougharold »

Does anyone have any experience with Nostalgia Electrics Kegorators? There is a Groupon for this kegerator and before I buy this I want to see what sort of product they have. Thanks.

Doug
dhempy

Re: Nostalgia Electrics Kegorators

Post by dhempy »

No experience .. sorry .. I think that the majority of us have crafted our own ... but there may be a couple of BCers that have gone with a ready made .. this brand doesn't ring any bells though.

Dan
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I have not heard of this brand, so did a quick search ..

Saw it on the Home Depot site, however, the customer reviews on this are not good...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nostalgia-El ... er_reviews

The company seems to be based out of Wisconsin and ship all over the world. Not sure where they manufacture the stuff though.. or if they just rebrand it for retail channels here.. etc..
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
dougharold

Post by dougharold »

Thanks guys! I am going to make my own kegerator. I have a small fridge and will make the conversion. I have been reviewing the YouTube videos so shouldn't have any issues.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I have built a couple of the Sanyos and also bought kegerators. I'd say either works, but go with what fits your needs. If you buy one, go for a Beverage Air or True brand. Both are restaurant quality and built like tanks.
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

maltbarley wrote:I have built a couple of the Sanyos and also bought kegerators. I'd say either works, but go with what fits your needs. If you buy one, go for a Beverage Air or True brand. Both are restaurant quality and built like tanks.
+1 on commercial units
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch