Corny Kegs *new*

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Corny Kegs *new*

Post by lexuschris »

So, it seems that finding used corny kegs for a sub $60 price is becoming more & more difficult. Granted, I have not looked *that hard*, however, I have struck out every time I've looked in the past few months.

I did need some more kegs, and saw that brand new ones are only a little bit more than the reconditioned ones... However, I really prefer the rubber tops, as opposed to the metal single handle versions.

So for just a little bit more still, I got me *new* corny kegs w/rubber tops! :)
New Corny Kegs
New Corny Kegs
NewCornies_s.jpg (56.92 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
I picked them up at Kegconnection.com There may be some sites out there with cheaper prices, but I've used them before, and they ship reliably for a flat $8 .. and throw in an extra set of O-rings to boot.

They also had the non-rubberized *new* kegs for $108. Used Kegs starting at $70.

Anyways, just wanted to pass along the info... Now, I just gotta get a brewday setup to fill these guys!

K:-)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: Corny Kegs *new*

Post by maltbarley »

JohnW and I were just talking about new kegs on Saturday. Those sure are pretty.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Very pretty. And since it's serious bling, I think you should take them to JonW's buddy and see about getting them polished to a nice shine.

While you're working on that, I'll take the 4 kegs I bought for $140, use the savings to buy ingredients, and actually work on filling them with beer :happybeer:
Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

No arugment here! Save some money and brew more! :beer:

I've been using some very beat-up old kegs along with a couple of decent used ones. I have one or two that are difficult to get a good lid seal on, even with new silicon o-rings. This was just an early father's day gift to myself... I always wanted at least 1 or 2 pristine new kegs.

Now, I just got to get me a few more of the brewcommune overlays to put on them. That really bling'd up my nicer used ones!
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

lexuschris wrote:Now, I just got to get me a few more of the brewcommune overlays to put on them. That really bling'd up my nicer used ones!
I'll see what I have left. Bring the new kegs to SCHF next year and we'll kick them around and get them broken in for you. :lolno: