Floor corker for Belgian bottles

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Greywolf

Floor corker for Belgian bottles

Post by Greywolf »

I'm getting set up to brew my split batch of Belgian Dubbels. I'm thinking I will want to bottle in traditional Belgian bottles. Does anyone have a floor corker that will handle the Belgian bottles, that they would be willing to loan to me for a weekend... I don't think I will need the corker until July-ish.
GreyWolf27
brahn
Site Admin

Re: Floor corker for Belgian bottles

Post by brahn »

No floor corker, but I've used the Belgian style bottles with the plastic corks they sell at B3.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Greywolf wrote:I'm getting set up to brew my split batch of Belgian Dubbels. I'm thinking I will want to bottle in traditional Belgian bottles. Does anyone have a floor corker that will handle the Belgian bottles, that they would be willing to loan to me for a weekend... I don't think I will need the corker until July-ish.
I put a post out like this a little while back and didn't hear back from anyone. You can rent a corker from Steinfillers for $10/day, if it is convenient for you. It's not convenient for me.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Thanks Luke.
I have never been up to Steinfillers... maybe I need to stop by.
brahn wrote:No floor corker, but I've used the Belgian style bottles with the plastic corks they sell at B3.
I didn't think about the plastic corks... hmmmm
GreyWolf27
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Greywolf wrote:Thanks Luke.
I have never been up to Steinfillers... maybe I need to stop by.
brahn wrote:No floor corker, but I've used the Belgian style bottles with the plastic corks they sell at B3.
I didn't think about the plastic corks... hmmmm
Just make sure you have the correct bottles for the plastic corks. They don't fit all bottles. Do some research beforehand if that's the route you go.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.