I might actually get to brew beer again!

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

I might actually get to brew beer again!

Post by backyard brewer »

Did a wet test on the new system today. Still a lot left to do, but it'll brew beer as-is. WIth the hard-plumbed manifold off the kettles to the pumps using the 3-way valves, I can work the entire process from mash recirc, to sparge to boil whirlpool without ever changing a hose connection. I'll make one more manifold and one more 3-way and I'll be able to deliver to the fermenter as well.

Below is a close up of the valve arrangement. Might add tees at the pumps to have purge/drain valves. With the large 1" piping above the pumps, cavitation seems to be a non-issue so I haven't decided.

JonW
Site Admin

Re: I might actually get to brew beer again!

Post by JonW »

Very nice Derrin! Welcome back to the world of home brewing. :wink:
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Very cool!!

I won't got as far as Jon and welcome you back to homebrewing until you actually brew a batch though. :happybeer:
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Looks sweet! Better get a batch in on it soon! Get some momentum building! :happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

She's pretty.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

I'm going to try and work on my glycol chiller today. Also need to do some work on my fermenters. Hopefully I'll get everything working again, but I think I'm going to have to build a new gycol unit. :-(
waltsmalts

Post by waltsmalts »

That is a great advertisement for Brewer's Hardware Bling!!! cant wait to see it in person. I can be the catalyst to give you a good push or reason to actually brew something. See you next week
Bob