Champagne floor corker?

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

ocluke

Champagne floor corker?

Post by ocluke »

Does anyone have a champagne floor corker? If so, can I ask your feedback on how it functions, tips, whether you recommend the model you purchased, etc.? I'd like to play around with corking/caging some of my beers, but I have never corked.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
backyard brewer

Re: Champagne floor corker?

Post by backyard brewer »

FYI. Steinfillers rents a floor corker. Or they used to anyway.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Yes, they rent the Italian corker for $10/day. I'm wondering more about a champagne corker, but I may rent that wine corker to play with it.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I rented a wine floor corker from More Beer in Riverside once. It was pretty simple. I imagine that the champagne one is similar in operation (with obvious more moving parts for cork compression). I bet Oskaar has one..........
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

BrewMasterBrad wrote: I bet Oskaar has one..........
He does ...
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I have been thinking about this recently, as I plan on brewing up a "double - dubbel" batch here in the next couple of weeks. I will brew ~ 8 or 9 gallons of dubbel, split the wort and use WLP500 and WLP530. I would sure like to cork up the whole thing, to allow for the proper level of carbonation. Course, I will also have to pick up enough of the bottles to do so... I only have 3 or 4 champagne/belgian bottles
GreyWolf27