CO2 fill

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

3rdto1st

CO2 fill

Post by 3rdto1st »

Anybody have a reccommendation for where to get CO2 tanks filled? Not particularly fond of the idea of driving down to O'Sheas, but I don't know anywhere else. AirGas says I have to get in before 2 which will not happen, and they want me to exchange, not a deal breaker, but with my tank only 5mo old, not my first choice. I'm around the South Coast Plaza area. Thanks.
Brewing soon: KtG
Primary :
Secondary: Sucaba clone (on oak soaked in EC12)
Kegs: Kate the just OK, English SMASH

Gals brewed '11: 50
Gals brewed '12: 50
backyard brewer

Re: CO2 fill

Post by backyard brewer »

California Tool & Welding, 1st St in Santa Ana. They fill rather than swap, IIRC my last fill there was like $8 but I was filling Argon tanks too. Corner of 1st and like Standard or something. Exit 55 @ 4th, go over the freeway, left on Tustin, right on 1st. Past Grand, uder the RR bridge and they are next light on the left corner.
3rdto1st

Post by 3rdto1st »

Wish there was a way to give props on here, cause that place will work out great. Thanks :happybeer:
Brewing soon: KtG
Primary :
Secondary: Sucaba clone (on oak soaked in EC12)
Kegs: Kate the just OK, English SMASH

Gals brewed '11: 50
Gals brewed '12: 50
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

In Huntington Beach Mr. Kegs offers CO2 service. It's a great mom and pop store I used to work for in 2007 before all my major knee issues. Ha, ha!

5914 Warner Ave.,
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone: 714-861-7270
Email: beer@mrkegs.com

Mrkegs.com or https://www.mrkegs.com/index.php?cPath= ... 0275354b6f

quote="3rdto1st"]Anybody have a reccommendation for where to get CO2 tanks filled? Not particularly fond of the idea of driving down to O'Sheas, but I don't know anywhere else. AirGas says I have to get in before 2 which will not happen, and they want me to exchange, not a deal breaker, but with my tank only 5mo old, not my first choice. I'm around the South Coast Plaza area. Thanks.[/quote]
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

tikitatt wrote:In Huntington Beach Mr. Kegs offers CO2 service. It's a great mom and pop store I used to work for in 2007 before all my major knee issues. Ha, ha!
Mr. Kegs is convenient to me, but I think their prices for CO2 are a bit high.

5# C02 Cylinder, $12.95
10# CO2 Cylinder, $18.95
15# CO2 Cylinder, $23.95
20# CO2 Cylinder, $29.95
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

I agree about the prices which I justify it as paying for convenience. Plus I like the new location with Sud's bar and the Beef Palace across the street. From what I understand the current owner Jim sold the business. Hopefully the new owner will adjust the prices.
JonW wrote:
tikitatt wrote:In Huntington Beach Mr. Kegs offers CO2 service. It's a great mom and pop store I used to work for in 2007 before all my major knee issues. Ha, ha!
Mr. Kegs is convenient to me, but I think their prices for CO2 are a bit high.

5# C02 Cylinder, $12.95
10# CO2 Cylinder, $18.95
15# CO2 Cylinder, $23.95
20# CO2 Cylinder, $29.95
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

3rdto1st wrote:Anybody have a reccommendation for where to get CO2 tanks filled? Not particularly fond of the idea of driving down to O'Sheas, but I don't know anywhere else. AirGas says I have to get in before 2 which will not happen, and they want me to exchange, not a deal breaker, but with my tank only 5mo old, not my first choice. I'm around the South Coast Plaza area. Thanks.

Another option is Seal's Compressed Gases.
2131 Placentia Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 646-2435 ‎

I fill at this place. They primarily cater to the medical industry. Depending on the size of CO2 fill, they're affordable. I can't recall the exact pricing, but I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of:
5lb - $11.50
10lb - 12.50
20lb - $13.50
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

backyard brewer wrote:California Tool & Welding, 1st St in Santa Ana. They fill rather than swap, IIRC my last fill there was like $8 but I was filling Argon tanks too. Corner of 1st and like Standard or something. Exit 55 @ 4th, go over the freeway, left on Tustin, right on 1st. Past Grand, uder the RR bridge and they are next light on the left corner.
Just had my tank filled here yesterday $10.05
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

tikitatt wrote:I agree about the prices which I justify it as paying for convenience. Plus I like the new location with Sud's bar and the Beef Palace across the street. From what I understand the current owner Jim sold the business. Hopefully the new owner will adjust the prices.
I agree w/ the convenience, and I go there for my 5# tanks usually. My problem is that I have a 20#, 10#, two 5# and a beer-gas (nitro) tank, so I try to find less expensive places.

I hadn't heard Jim wasn't there any longer. He's a nice guy. I'll have to head over and see if anything has changed. It's only a couple of blocks from my house.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Looks like there are enough places already, but I like going to Mobile Industrial Welding Supply in Anaheim. Very close to The Bruery and the prices are good, though I don't remember them off the top of my head.

http://www.mobileindustrialweldingsupply.com/
Kevin
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

kevinham wrote:Looks like there are enough places already, but I like going to Mobile Industrial Welding Supply in Anaheim. Very close to The Bruery and the prices are good, though I don't remember them off the top of my head.

http://www.mobileindustrialweldingsupply.com/
They're another that fills rather than exchanges. Sims Welding right around the corner from them sent me there before.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

+1 to California Tool & Welding. Easy in an out, but if you need an exchange (certification date) I use Airgas on Katella in Orange (never heard the 2pm thing).