Oh, yeah. It's keezer time.

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Oh, yeah. It's keezer time.

Post by bwarbiany »

It's an 8.8 cf model, and I've already verified that I can get 6 corny kegs in there with room for my CO2 tank as well.

So now I need to buy shanks, and more faucets, and a distribution manifold, and, well, more kegs, and start brewing a lot more, and...

...I sure hope my tax return is sizable ;-)
IMG-20120204-00290 - 640x480.jpg
IMG-20120204-00290 - 640x480.jpg (101.64 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
:D :D :D
Brad
dhempy

Re: Oh, yeah. It's keezer time.

Post by dhempy »

Congrats ... one recommendation ... don't scrimp on your faucets ... get the forward seal kind ... Ventmatic is now out of business AFAIK Shirron was supposed to pick up the line ... but Perlicks are almost identical and readily available.

Dan
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

dhempy wrote:Congrats ... one recommendation ... don't scrimp on your faucets ... get the forward seal kind ... Ventmatic is now out of business AFAIK Shirron was supposed to pick up the line ... but Perlicks are almost identical and readily available.
Totally agree. Right now I have three Perlicks on my current kegerator and three standard faucets in a box, and I'll buy new Perlicks rather than using those standard faucets on the new build.
Brad
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Good move ... I have the Ventmatics ... loved 'em so much I put 4 of them on my jockey box and never looked back. I also convinced a friend in Ohio to do his kegerator... we wound up buying 20 of them at once. He was breaking handles when his regular faucets got stuck. Sticking just doesn't happen with the forward seals.

Dan
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

bwarbiany wrote:It's an 8.8 cf model, and I've already verified that I can get 6 corny kegs in there with room for my CO2 tank as well.
Just wondering if you could tell me the make and model? I have a 7.2 cf Kenmore and I can only get 3 cornys with the CO2 in mine. It would be nice to double my capacity without taking up much more room.

Thanks
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Mine is older (I bought it off Craigslist). The "hump" inside mine for the compressor is rather small, and only takes up a corner of the floor. So I can fit the 6 on the floor. A lot of the newer ones seem to have much larger humps internally.

As a second question, have any of you tried this:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/guide-s ... ol-249612/

Obviously I'd prefer to just hack the thermostat rather than buying another Ranco controller...
Brad
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

Yeah, that’s the problem with mine is the hump is very big. I think I could get 5 corny kegs in mine if I put two on the hump but then I would have to move the CO2 bottle to the outside, which isn't a big deal. My issue is that I would have to re-make my collar using wider pieces of wood, 1"x10" rather than the 1"x6" currently being used, and because my collar is attached to the lid I think the added weight would be a problem.

I hadn't seen that thread before, kind of interesting. Let us know how it works.

Thanks
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra
3rdto1st

Post by 3rdto1st »

I tried the non-controller route with moderate success. I was able to get it to hit 40 or never be on (I got one of the GE 7cu. ft they talk about at the end of the thread) I wanted it at 50, so I ended up getting a Ranco, but I think it's worth it to take about a week and see if you can do it on the cheap.
Brewing soon: KtG
Primary :
Secondary: Sucaba clone (on oak soaked in EC12)
Kegs: Kate the just OK, English SMASH

Gals brewed '11: 50
Gals brewed '12: 50