B3 deal on quick disconnects...

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

B3 deal on quick disconnects...

Post by bwarbiany »

I saw "25% off" and was excited, but then realized it's only a reduction from $10 to $7.50...

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2011/11/mp ... ct-25.html

So it's not very worth it if you're just buying 1. But if you're looking to buy a bunch of these for a brewery upgrade, today would be a good day to do it.
Brad
brahn
Site Admin

Re: B3 deal on quick disconnects...

Post by brahn »

I use these QD's and they work well, although if I were doing my brewery today I'd go with tri clover fittings:

http://www.brewershardware.com/Tri-Clover-Fittings/
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

For the price, the camlock cam and groove fittings really can't be beat and are arguably more sanitary than the B3 SS quick connects. Although the QD's are probably just a little easier to work. I have the comparable part for only $4.25 every day and the mating couplers run $6.25 on average.

JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Note that his MoreBeer "Deal of the Day" is only for the male side of the QD. This is NOT a set!

I have these on my rig and love them - but they were pricey!
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

backyard brewer wrote:For the price, the camlock cam and groove fittings really can't be beat and are arguably more sanitary than the B3 SS quick connects. Although the QD's are probably just a little easier to work. I have the comparable part for only $4.25 every day and the mating couplers run $6.25 on average.

I use these cam lock connectors and am very satisified with performance. Tri clover are the ultimate, but if you are on a budget, go see Derrin for these items
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

backyard brewer wrote:For the price, the camlock cam and groove fittings really can't be beat and are arguably more sanitary than the B3 SS quick connects. Although the QD's are probably just a little easier to work. I have the comparable part for only $4.25 every day and the mating couplers run $6.25 on average.

Hey Derrin,
Are you set up for Pay Pal ?
Drink Good Beer!
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

backhousebrew wrote: Hey Derrin,
Are you set up for Pay Pal ?
Oh yeah. PayPal, major C/C or if you're coming to get them and not ordering from the site, check or cash.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I'm using the stainless QDs from MoreBeer now and I love them. If they ever wear out, I will switch to the camlock ones. Those are pretty sweet, plus they look like little fire hose fittings and I always wanted to be a fireman. K:-)
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's