How many carboys do you have?

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: How many carboys do you have?

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I personally enjoy viewing the progress of my beer, braggot, mead, and cider through glass.
That is definitely something I miss since I started fermenting in SS. There is nothing like watching those yeasties churn up the fermenting beer. Amazing. Although, the steady bubbling from the blow-off tube is music to my ears as well.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
3rdto1st

Post by 3rdto1st »

Hey Brad, thanks for letting me look at the setup. What truly interested me though was that 3 tap kegerator. Did you build that? Because i havent been able to find a company that sells a 3 tap, only 2 tap.

EDIT: disregard the question, I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough.
Brewing soon: KtG
Primary :
Secondary: Sucaba clone (on oak soaked in EC12)
Kegs: Kate the just OK, English SMASH

Gals brewed '11: 50
Gals brewed '12: 50
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

3rdto1st wrote:Hey Brad, thanks for letting me look at the setup. What truly interested me though was that 3 tap kegerator. Did you build that? Because i havent been able to find a company that sells a 3 tap, only 2 tap.

I have a 3-tap SS tower with 3 SS faucets for sale for $100
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

3rdto1st wrote:Hey Brad, thanks for letting me look at the setup. What truly interested me though was that 3 tap kegerator. Did you build that? Because i havent been able to find a company that sells a 3 tap, only 2 tap.

I bought the kegerator (actually, it was a Christmas present from the wife *before* I started brewing -- think she regrets it yet??) as a 1-tap model. It only had a 2 1/4" tower, which doesn't work well for multiple taps. Later on my brother-in-law got a kegerator with a 3" tower, ended up buying a pre-made dual tower and gave me this tower, and I made the conversion to add the additional 2 taps.

Although if you want to build one, this chest freezer is now on sale at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/Appliances-Kit ... ogId=10053

It will hold 4 cornies, and I would expect that your build cost for several taps will be well less than my wife paid for the entire single-tap kegerator I've got.

If you need faucets I've got 3 of the standard SS beer faucets that I'll sell cheap, but I'd *HIGHLY* recommend you skip those and get nice Perlick forward-sealing faucets. It's well worth the extra money.
Brad
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

bwarbiany wrote: but I'd *HIGHLY* recommend you skip those and get nice Perlick forward-sealing faucets. It's well worth the extra money.
+1.

I've got 14 of the Ventmatic version ... 10 on my kegerator (that's it pictured in the upper right corner of the header) and 4 on my jockey box. They are pricey but Sooo worth it.

Dan
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

dhempy wrote:
bwarbiany wrote: but I'd *HIGHLY* recommend you skip those and get nice Perlick forward-sealing faucets. It's well worth the extra money.
+1.

I've got 14 of the Ventmatic version ... 10 on my kegerator (that's it pictured in the upper right corner of the header) and 4 on my jockey box. They are pricey but Sooo worth it.

Dan
+1
Perlick can't be beat. They don't stick and they pour a great pint. I have them on my kegerator and my jockey box. I even gave two to Joe last year for his kegerator (which has my beer on tap).
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

What everyone else says. For home use, I don't know why anyone would use something but the forward sealing faucet.