My temp contoller died I think *sniff*

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Rezzin

My temp contoller died I think *sniff*

Post by Rezzin »

Even worse, it froze 2 kegs of a 3yr old flanders I was conditioning.

One keg (the tastier one at that) was almost full. I was going to finally pull a glass tonight to enjoy when I noticed forzen beer in the gas line, all around the release valve, and body connects :(**

I turned it off and will let everything thaw out... I was wondering if the pressure from the frozen beer might have warped everything forcing me to have to transfer to another keg? Considering all of the issues I had with an old autosiphon that made racking a hassle, I'm hoping to avoid this.

I guess I'll just wait and see.... hopefully I won't need to do anything.
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
bwarbiany

Re: My temp contoller died I think *sniff*

Post by bwarbiany »

Warping? The only thing I can think of warping badly enough to cause a transfer not to work might be the dip tube... And you could always pull out the dip tube and replace it with another if you needed to transfer -- even if the tube is warped, you might have to pull it out partway and cut it off, but that's even worst-case scenario...

But given that the tube itself was probably full of liquid, I can only imagine that pressure inside the dip tube was pretty closely equal to pressure outside the tube when it froze, so I would doubt it buckled to the point of completely blocking flow...
Brad
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Rezzin - your equipment is trying to send you a message: It wants to be used more!
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Rezzin:

I may have an extra Ranco I can sell you ... let's touch base next week when I get home from DC (If you're in need).

Dan