All-Grain VS Extract brewing

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

As a beginner I was told to start off brewing extract then once I get better and want to graduate I can start brewing all-grain. If and when I do decide it’s time to brew all-grain what else do I need to buy (if anything) to accommodate all-grain brewing? Also, I am considering buying a turkey fryer because I feel it will be more convenient to use rather then having half of my kettle hanging off my kitchen burner because the kettle is too large.

I also want to thank everyone that was at last Mondays meeting and for sharing their beer with me. I hope to be able to contribute at next months meeting.

Thanks,
John
maltbarley

Re: All-Grain VS Extract brewing

Post by maltbarley »

tikitatt wrote:I also want to thank everyone that was at last Mondays meeting and for sharing their beer with me. I hope to be able to contribute at next months meeting.
Just FYI, that was Addison's Homebrew Provisions Club meeting. BrewCommune meetings are on the third Tuesday of the odd months (also at AHP). The next one will be January 18th and something will be posted about it shortly.

As far as your question about all-grain goes, you will want to see a batch being made. I know AHP will be having a brewing demonstration this Sunday so you might want to plan to attend. Check with Eric for details.
tikitatt

Re: All-Grain VS Extract brewing

Post by tikitatt »

maltbarley,

Good to know about the meetings, thanks and I will be at Eric's meething for the demo this Sunday as well.

John
maltbarley wrote:
tikitatt wrote:I also want to thank everyone that was at last Mondays meeting and for sharing their beer with me. I hope to be able to contribute at next months meeting.
Just FYI, that was Addison's Homebrew Provisions Club meeting. BrewCommune meetings are on the third Tuesday of the odd months (also at AHP). The next one will be January 18th and something will be posted about it shortly.

As far as your question about all-grain goes, you will want to see a batch being made. I know AHP will be having a brewing demonstration this Sunday so you might want to plan to attend. Check with Eric for details.