New Tip / Trick Posting - Keg Fittings

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

dhempy

New Tip / Trick Posting - Keg Fittings

Post by dhempy »

Hey Guys:

I had Brent load a new doc to the tips / tricks. You can directly access it here.

I found this a couple of years ago and had to dig it out this morning ... when I found it I knew it should reside on the board for everyone. I grabbed a copy because personal websites come / go. I left all of the reference material in so that the appropriate kudos go to Mike Dixon, the author.

I am now keeping a printed copy with all of my keg parts for easy reference.

Cheers!

Dan
Haemon

Re: New Tip / Trick Posting - Keg Fittings

Post by Haemon »

I assume this is good information to have on hand, but to be honest, I just got my kegs and haven't used them yet-- it's all Greek to me.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Thanks Dan. That is a very helpful reference.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Haemon wrote:I assume this is good information to have on hand, but to be honest, I just got my kegs and haven't used them yet-- it's all Greek to me.
Make sure you check out this article before you start kegging, it is very informative.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

I just went through this when I order all the kegging parts for the shop. I made the decision to only carry Ball Lock keg parts. Even then there are tons of options: barbed, flared, beverage line in different diameters, gaskets in various sizes, complete kegging kits and the kitchen sink. Except for the actual corny kegs :oops: , I've got it all now 8)
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
Haemon

Post by Haemon »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:
Haemon wrote:I assume this is good information to have on hand, but to be honest, I just got my kegs and haven't used them yet-- it's all Greek to me.
Make sure you check out this article before you start kegging, it is very informative.
You were right, that is EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks Brad! All I need to figure out now is whether my regulator has a check valve.

I was talking to Eric about not having enough room in my fridge for the two kegs (hell, it's 3 people trying to keep food in one fridge-- there's no room for the CO2 alone), but I have more than enough in my 12.8cu/ft freezer chest. I'm keeping the freezer at 68F so I can ferment in there... until I can get yet another fridge, I'm going to keep the kegs in there and serve at 68F, so it will be good to have that pressure/temp chart at the end of that article.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Good info, thanks Dan!