CO2 fills

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

jward

CO2 fills

Post by jward »

dhempy wrote:
jward wrote:
dhempy wrote:I've also got a 5lb CO2 tank specifically for this task (and powering my jockey box) that I can re-pressurize from my 20 lb tank.
How do you do this?
I have a high pressure tube that came with my regulators (remember that I have 4 separate regs on my kegerator is I have one extra HP Tube). I bought some adapters to be able to connect both bottles up. So I Warm up my big tank, chill the small one (freezer) and connect. I leave the end at the small bottle cracked and bleed some CO2 into the line to purge it before final tightening and transfer. Then I hold the big tank upside down, open the valve, open the small tank's vale, wait for pressure equalization) and then shut everything off. Turning the large tank upside down is my attempt to transfer some of the liquid CO2 from bottle to bottle as the pick up is at the top of the tank (or so I've been told). I've done this about 5 or 6 times ... it works well enough to save me trips to the welding shop. I don't get full pressure but I'm certainly getting more use out of my 20lb tank.

Dan
I recently purchased a paintball CO2 fill station and 3 20oz CO2 paintball bottles. I have a #50 CO2 tank but it's a gas tank and not liquid (aka bulk fill with dip tube to pull CO2 liquid out of the bottom of the tank). Holding that sucker upside down isn't a safe option for me. Transferring gas only filled it 4oz. Filling it with the 20oz bottle in a bucket with some ice let it fill to 16oz. Not bad for a gas only transfer. That should work until I can empty it and exchange for a bulk fill tank.
jward

Re: CO2 fills

Post by jward »

It looks like I will be able to fill small regular bottles too once I exchange my #50 tank for a bulk fill tank.

I converted 2 regulators to ASA/paintball connectors. I may even end up with a CGA 320 to ASA adapter.