Anyone Interested in a Brutus Stand?

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

dhempy

Anyone Interested in a Brutus Stand?

Post by dhempy »

OK so here is the deal ... a friend of mine has access to a boatload of .120 wall 2 inch steel tubing. This friend is also an expert welder and is looking for income generating opportunities. So for those of you on a budget, jonesing for a DIY Brutus system but lacking the steel and welding expertise, this may be your golden opportunity. My friend will put together the Brutus stand (the steel only) for $200. The price may drop depending on how long it takes to assemble but it won't be higher and I'll arrange for Brewcommune club members to get a discount.

You get to accessorize and complete the stand. The steel is already painted black but you will need to touch up the welds and you may wish to use heat resistant paint on the top level. Beyond the basic frame, if any customizations are desired, these will be done on a T&M basis. Delivery will be cheap too as I'll bring 'em to the OC for a contribution to gas money (for other areas, let's chat!)

Unfortunately, this offer has a short timeframe and we need to know by Friday April 17. PM me with your interest.

On behalf of my friend. Thanks.

Dan

P.S. I will not receive any financial gain from this ... I'm just trying to help out a buddy.
maltbarley

Re: Anyone Interested in a Brutus Stand?

Post by maltbarley »

dhempy wrote:P.S. I will not receive any financial gain from this ...
And at that price, he's not making much either.

That's a pretty sweet deal; thanks for posting that.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

That's a pretty sweet deal. If I didn't have one already, I would jump on this opportunity.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Are these only available to the original Brutus spec or can they be made with customizations?
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Well, customizations that are beyond the basic stand (just the 2x2 tubing) would be extra, but if basic dimensions are different (Height, Depth, Width, spacing between the pot supports), then I don't think it would be any extra. We would have to know before Friday at 8:00 am though. You are basically getting the material for free and paying for my friend to cut and weld it up.

Dan
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Just bumping this up one more time ... so far I've heard from a couple of folks and we are working out the specifics for each stand. Once we have a final count and the specifics done, I'll be able to tell folks an ETA for their stands.

If you've been thinking about a stand, this is probably a very good opportunity to get one. With one pump, some casters, and some tubing (assuming you already have the vessels of course), you're on your way. You can always add on later. Adding brackets and the like is a simple matter when the time comes.

Dan
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

:mrgreen: Must ... resist ... temptation... marriage ... depends... on ...it ... :beer:

I'm starting to look like an episode of 'Hoarders', but with brew equipment & computers. Don't think a brew scupture is my immediate future... :D

...but
....someday...
:)
--lexuschris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

LOL I understand Chris.

Dan
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

dhempy wrote:...With one pump, some casters, ...
I have really nice casters available. They are "Total Locking" which means they won't roll or swivel when locked. They attach to your stand with a large expanding rubber sleeve that just slips into the open end of the tubing so no additional facbrication. They have 3" urethane wheels on bearings.

$45 a set of 4.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

backyard brewer wrote:
I have really nice casters available. They are "Total Locking" which means they won't roll or swivel when locked. They attach to your stand with a large expanding rubber sleeve that just slips into the open end of the tubing so no additional facbrication. They have 3" urethane wheels on bearings.

$45 a set of 4.
How much height do they add to the stand? 3 1/2 or 4"? We'll need to know so that we can make the legs the appropriate height!

Dan
backyard brewer

dhempy wrote:
backyard brewer wrote:

$45 a set of 4.
How much height do they add to the stand? 3 1/2 or 4"? We'll need to know so that we can make the legs the appropriate height!

Dan
I'll have to measure them. If anyone buys a set I'll let you know. I have 3 sets I can ship today.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

lexuschris wrote::mrgreen: Must ... resist ... temptation... marriage ... depends... on ...it ... :beer:
--lexuschris
Ditto Chris. I'm sooooooo tempted.

Dan, does your buddy do gravity systems?
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Derrin - do you have a pic of those casters? I'm having Dan's friend do a stand for me and I definitely want to put casters on it. Any weight ratings or anything to be concerned with?
backyard brewer

JonW wrote:Derrin - do you have a pic of those casters? I'm having Dan's friend do a stand for me and I definitely want to put casters on it. Any weight ratings or anything to be concerned with?
I'll snap a pict when I can, but they were either 175 or 250 I don't remember now. I tried a lot of different casters. Really wanted the cheap Harbor Frieght ones to work but in the end, they pivot and are incredibly dangerous. These were more money, but way stout and lock in a way that resists movement in all directions. Casters will never be as safe as feet on the floor, but these are as good as you'll find.