3/8 flare to Black Iron Pipe adapter???

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Andysam

3/8 flare to Black Iron Pipe adapter???

Post by Andysam »

Ok, so I am slowly building my new brew rig (sure will beat the turkey fryer LOL). But I got my burners in today and I need to find an adapter that I can not seem to find. The burners have a male 3/8" flare fitting. I would like to plumb it to black iron pipe.
So, I have 2 questions:

1. should I go 3/8 BIP or 1/2? I figure 3/8 should be good, but dont know for sure.
2. I can not find a female flare to female BIP fitting anywhere, not even on the internet. The only thing that I find that will work is like 4 adapters combined. That would cost me like $50 just in adapters to hook up these two burners. Does anyone know anything else I can use?

Thanks!
backyard brewer

Re: 3/8 flare to Black Iron Pipe adapter???

Post by backyard brewer »

I would go 1/2" pipe. 3/8" will work just fine if it's HP propane, but 1/2" will never be a problem.

You can make the connection with the flexible yellow hose connections they have. You'll need to mount the burner rather than hang it from the pipe, but the flex hoses will include a 3/8" flare X 1/2"MPT fitting that you can thread right into a ball or needle valve and then go flex from there to the burner. They also have gas ball valves that have a 1/2" MPT on one side and 3/8 MF on the other. CHeck OSH.

OR, you can find one of the 1/8" MPT orifice nipples B3 sells that would allow you to use a single adapter to your pipe size and rigid plumb the burners