Keging and Co2 usage

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

JonGoku

Re: Keging and Co2 usage

Post by JonGoku »

Thanks again for the info guys.
BrewMasterBrad wrote:I have had good luck with making friends at the welding supply store near my house. Tell them you make your own beer and they will be very interested and will tend to be very lax when it comes to charging you for things and checking test dates on tanks. I take my gas guy a couple beers every time I go in there and he routinely gives me free CO2 exchanges and free propane. Once, Lyn gave me an expired tank he found at work and I exchanged it for a new tank, no questions asked. Homebrew is better than money.
And Brad, your beer rocks compared to mine. I'm not to sure what they'd think of mine especially since the beer I have at the moment is a tad on the over carbed side. (read that as, 'need to pour ASAP or expect a slow lava flow of foam')

The Amarillo IPA I'm carbing/dry hoping now is actually pretty decent though.
Jon Image
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I recently picked up a 20# tank that needed hydro-testing. Airgas in Orange charged me an extra $15 for the hydro and exchanged the cylinder for less than $20.

With respect to the gauge, I really don't see a reason for the high pressure gauge for the reasons that Derrin mentioned.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

brianc wrote:
JonGoku wrote:Brian or Brad you guys are pretty local to the Stanton/Buena Park/GG area, where do you guys go?
I usually go to Mr. Kegs in Huntington Beach. They refill onsite, and they do the hydro test (they have to send it out for that though). It also looks like they have raised their prices since the last time I had to fill my tanks. https://www.mrkegs.com/index.php?cPath=89
Thanks for the tip! I just took my 5# canister there over lunch. 2-minutes and $10.95 ... quick, easy & a good price!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields