New Flask and Stir Plate

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

brahn
Site Admin

New Flask and Stir Plate

Post by brahn »

On Thursday I got a new 5L flask in the mail and a nice new stir plate from backyard brewer (stirplates.com / brewershardware.com). The 5L flask is huge, my wife thought it was a novelty item. :) It works great with the stir plate though and my starter is going nicely. I'm not sure how I'll get the 5L flask in the fridge to let the yeast settle out though.
Rezzin

Re: New Flask and Stir Plate

Post by Rezzin »

Nice :D
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Hey Brent, that looks exactly like my setup. I have to remove a shelf in my garage fridge to fit the flask in there. It's a big sucker, but the stir plate has no problem handling it. In fact, I need to get my WLP830 starter going for next weeks brew day. Thanks for reminding me. :happybeer:
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

I've seen BackyardBrewer's parts and assembly process ... those are very nice setups .. especially for the price. I'm sure that you'll get years of good service from that unit Brent. Had I not built a pair of my own plates, I would own a couple of these. For anyone that doesn't have a stirplate ... when the time comes, have a close look at the Brewer's Hardware setup.

Dan
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

That's some good looking yeast!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway