Hampton Inn West - Madison, WI

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Hampton Inn West - Madison, WI

Post by bwarbiany »

Normally I don't review hotels... But this one is such an outlier that I figured I'd point it out.

If anyone's planning a trip out to Madison, WI, stay at the Hampton Inn on Commerce Dr on the west side of the city. It's by far the nicest Hampton I've ever stayed at. During check-in, the front desk clerk did suggest that it's a new property, and that doesn't surprise me.

The breakfast area is very large, and the pool in the hotel appears to be very large and very family-friendly. The hotel itself doesn't look like the typical Hampton.

I'm a Hilton Diamond member, so they may have upgraded my room, but for about $150/night I got a room about the size of my wife's large studio apartment when I first met her. Probably 600+ square feet, with a wet bar, fridge, microwave, couch, desk, flatscreen TV, king-sized bed and ample (modernly-decorated) bathroom.

Again, I wouldn't post about this unless it was above and beyond the expectation for the price. But this is far and away the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few. If you're in the area, I highly recommend it.
Brad