Tustin Brewing Company - Redhill Red

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Tustin Brewing Company - Redhill Red

Post by backyard brewer »

A friend of mine and I went to the Tustin Brewery last night and we split a pitcher of the Redhill Red. I've always liked the Redhill Red, but in the past it has been less than consistent from batch to batch. As most of you know they have a new brewer there now, Andy.

Andy nailed this one! I love a red ale and this was is what a red ale should be!

Color: That perfect beautiful red color that is so hard to achieve. Crystal clear with a think creamy white head.

Aroma: Nice and malty with a slight hint of toasted malts

Flavor and Body: Really good this go around. I think Andy is used to the brewhouse there now. The flavor was nice and sweet like a red should be but not cloying at all. The hop bitterness cut the sweetness perfectly. You can taste a slight toasted character, but this beer is all about the malt.

Overall: Really well done. This is a sweet beer, but not over the edge where it gets old quick like some Scottish Ales do. We split a pitcher and a pint each after. I would have ordered something else but I was just enjoying this too much.

On another note, Wednesday nights at TBC are $15 you call it pizza and pitcher nights. $15 gets you one of their pizza's plus a pitcher of house beer. This is a great deal as their pizza (carne asada is the best) is usually about $10 and a pitcher about $12.
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

OK next club meeting at Tustin Brewing on a Wed. nite!
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

spkrtoy wrote:OK next club meeting at Tustin Brewing on a Wed. nite!
Sounds good to me!
Kevin
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

MMMMMMMMM,

Carne asada pizza!

Aaaauuuugggllll (Homer Drool)

Cheers,

Oskaar
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!