Native Son Alehouse, Santa Ana

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Native Son Alehouse, Santa Ana

Post by lexuschris »

Hey all,

A few weekends ago, I was able to stop by Native Son Alehouse off East 4th St. in Santa Ana. It's on the second floor with a nice outdoor patio, rustic wooden tables and a few sofas here & there. Overall, a nice spot to grab a pint if you are in the area.

Tap list was pretty good. We had fresh pours of Stone Enjoy by & Green Tea collaboration, Ballast Black Steamboat & Boo Koo IPA from Mother Earth. :)

The food menu was very limited, but it looked very tasty when it came out.... although, I was viewing from afar... did not try any of it.

Also, I just found out that your AHA membership can get you All Beer, Food & Merchandise! That is a good deal!

Another fine benefit is that 'Good Beer Company' is a short 4 block walk down the street, and they had a bunch of cool brews in the saison/Belgian side of the style guide.

Pretty fun night!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
backhousebrew

Re: Native Son Alehouse, Santa Ana

Post by backhousebrew »

Agreed!
Nice stops.
Did you get the ring off of the horse shoes at the Good Beer Co?
Drink Good Beer!
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

There were horse shoes?..? :roll:

;)
--lexuschris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
Megastout

Post by Megastout »

Also, in the vicinity is Wurzthaus. Good and more unusual hot dogs etc. with usually great beers on tap.
Post if you get a chance to try.