Papa's Taco House, Yorba Linda

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Papa's Taco House, Yorba Linda

Post by bwarbiany »

Hey, many of you know my brother-in-law, Dustin. He recently seems to have acquired a restaurant, Papa's Taco House in Yorba Linda. (Formerly known as Esther's).

I got a chance to head over after Christmas. In general everyone in our party of ~20 enjoyed the food there. Beer selection is not great yet (only interesting taps were Stone IPA and Bootlegger's Rustic Rye). Dustin would like to improve the beer selection, but he's finding that craft beer isn't moving that well. If he can get more turnover on the craft beer, he wants to add two more taps and increase the overall craft selection. Visually the place is in need of (and will slowly receive) some remodeling, but hey, the food is good enough to overlook this...

If you're in the area and have an appetite for some Mexican food, check it out. And drink some craft beer so he can justify devoting more taps to the good stuff! :happybeer:
Brad
dhempy

Re: Papa's Taco House, Yorba Linda

Post by dhempy »

Congrats to Dustin! I'd love to help but I'm a bit G.U. Seems to me that maybe a club meeting may be in order!

Dan
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

I knew it changed ownership recently, but I didn't know it was Dustin. Place has some great staff and food, but I would like to see more fresh stuff and grilled meat come out of the kitchen. All in good time I'm sure, and I wish him luck!
Last edited by Blackcomb on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Tim, I thought that was the other location on Orangethorpe, not LaPalma.
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

maltbarley wrote:Tim, I thought that was the other location on Orangethorpe, not LaPalma.
Wasn't feeling great that night, and i'm not sure why I had said its the one off of Lakeview, because it wasn't (service has been terrible there over the years but that's another story). I've removed the section of my post though as I want to ensure Dustin gets a fair shake.