G'Knight Imperial Red IPA

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

G'Knight Imperial Red IPA

Post by lexuschris »

G'Knight
G'Knight
Oskar Blues G'Knight Imperial Red Ale.JPG (224.93 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Not all IPA's are created equal.

Common, let's talk about it. We've all open up a bottle of some new esoteric IPA with high hopes of something new & wonderful, and spent the next 5 bottles trying to talk ourselves into liking some aspect of that IPA... nice floral finish.. piney bite is firm.. great citrus combo.. etc.

BUT, every once in a while, we journey forth to a new bottle (or can) of IPA, and from the first sip .. pure, unadulterated, BLISS!!! Dare I say... rapture?!? ;)

Ok, the can fell out of the ugly tree and hit every frick'n branch on the way down. It's the aluminum equivilant to Rolling Rock bottles.... (yawn!) But pull that top tab and pour yourself a rare & tasty treat!

I've been burned by many a hoppy 'red ale', but this sucker delivers with a beautiful balance of malt, hops & fruity yeast esters. Maybe it's just me, but this IPA is my kinda hoppy red IPA!! Yeah-zah!

On the back of the can, Oskarblues writes:
If you knew the man behind this tribute, this dry-hopped ale needs no explanation. If you didn't, we're sorry.

Damn! My long lost twin is discovered, and it sounds like he didn't make it to 2013 like I did.... :(

Guess, I'll just have to pop a fresh tall can and raise my mug in his honor!!

:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: G'Knight Imperial Red IPA

Post by maltbarley »

The beer formerly known as Gordon... Do some googling if you are bored, but yes, a very nice beer.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Dude, if you like this, check out Modern Times "amber"... It's a red IPA, and it's incredible.

Oddly, of all the Oskar Blues beers I've had, I've never tried this one. I might need to give it a shot.
Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Thanks for the tips!

Here is a link on the name change...
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields