Sunsets at the Zoo

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

maltbarley

Sunsets at the Zoo

Post by maltbarley »

I went last night to the Santa Ana Zoo for the first night of Sunsets at the Zoo http://www.santaanazoo.org/sunsets.htm. This year, it’s a craft beer theme with TBC and Stone serving tastings last night (unlimited) for $10.

The crowd was very family oriented with young and old on the lawn enjoying a good jazz/blues band. Many folks bring their own bottles and despite getting tastings, the group I was with managed to finish a growler of homebrew as well as wine others brought.

If you are looking for a mellow Sunday evening cap to the weekend, check it out. I’m planning to go on the 23rd. Entrance is $10 and the unlimited tastings are an additional $10.
StarRaptor

Re: Sunsets at the Zoo

Post by StarRaptor »

Bonnie and I thought about going but after taking our daughter to the zoo a couple of weeks ago I opted against it, just not enough there. We spent most of our time in the jeep and the playground.
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

That being said I might see you at June 23 one
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I hear ya, Scott, it's still the Santa Ana Zoo. Unless you really love primates, that's not much of a draw.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Sounds cool... I just sent the link over to Joanna, so we'll see about maybe making the June 23 version as well. That's the day we're celebrating Andrew's birthday, so we might just roll it into our plans...
Brad