Tony's Little Italy - Fullerton

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Tony's Little Italy - Fullerton

Post by bwarbiany »

http://www.tonyslittleitaly.com/

Being from Chicago, I am *very* particular about pizza. No offense to folks like Tyler who have worked for places like BJ's [as their beer is fine], but the pizza put out by those jokers who have the audacity to call it "deep dish" is deserving of more scorn than I can assign.

But it's not just BJ's... Very rarely can you ever find true deep dish Chicago pizza outside of the Windy City, and most who claim to make it are not even close.

But when my wife showed up on Thursday with a take-out pizza from Tony's and I opened the box, I for a second forgot that I was in California and was transported home. This stuff is the real deal. Nice buttery crust. Enough smooth mozzarella cheese to clog an artery. The sauce on the top, as it should be. A pizza too heavy for most sprout-fed Californians to lift, and substantial enough that a mere two slices satisfies the appetite of a glutton like me.

Most Chicagoans can have a debate over the best pizza, and will undoubtedly compare Tony's to their favorite (mine is the original Uno/Due downtown, or Lou Malnati's). But Tony's would undeniably be presented at the same table as all the others. I don't call this "Chicago-style" pizza. This is Chicago pizza, just prepared out west.

I highly recommend you try it.

Oh, and due to proximity, it fits in well with a stop at The Bruery (I didn't actually go TO the physical Tony's location, but I have read reviews and their beer selection leaves quite a lot to be desired).
Brad
maltbarley

Re: Tony's Little Italy - Fullerton

Post by maltbarley »

That's right around the corner from Brew Captain's. Maybe he'll add to your review but it already sounds good to me.
oc eric

Re: Tony's Little Italy - Fullerton

Post by oc eric »

Now I've got to try Vahalla Table *AND* Tony's... :D
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway