Where to buy a decent newcasttle clone ale extract/mini mash

A place to discuss all things related to brewing ingredients.

Moderator: Post Moderators

huntfisher

Where to buy a decent newcasttle clone ale extract/mini mash

Post by huntfisher »

I would like to know what web site or if you all know where I could locate a decent new castle ale extract kit or mini mash kit. I just ordered a du claw vanila stout, so it looks like I will be entering a new level of home brewing (mini mash). But, I plan on on doing two batches ,so I will have plenty of beer in stock. As a result, I am looking for some hints for a decent new castle with that classic caramel taste.

I apprecitate all your help from the past.

Justin Knight
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I'd check with Brian / Zymurguy to see if he has anything like that. If not, I see that Northern Brewer sells a "Nukey Brown Ale" extract kit. It looks like it's just extract and steeping grains.
jward

Post by jward »

I enjoyed one of the brown ale extract kits from B3. Maybe Lars will chime in. He has an excellent track record on brewing brown ale.
The Du Claw Vanilla Stout is one righteous beer. I have made it twice and it never saw vanilla. I was going to do half with and half without vanilla, but bam! it's all gone.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Midwest Supplies has a kit, but I have never used it and can't say how good it is. It is the Oldcastle Brown Ale.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products ... ubCat=1130
Kevin
lars

Post by lars »

The last Brown Ale extract kit I brewed was from B3. It was really good, but probably not that close to Newcastle. Right now I have a beer on tap that was brewed as a scottish 70/~ but tastes much more like Newcastle than anything else I've brewed.
Shut up and brew