Best of both worlds (WLP200)

A place to discuss all things related to brewing ingredients.

Moderator: Post Moderators

rcwebrew

Best of both worlds (WLP200)

Post by rcwebrew »

Anyone who knows me knows I love a good hop bomb. I am going to brew a clone of Deschutes "Fresh Squeezed" and typically would use WLP001 or 090 for a nice clean ferment to highlight those hops. The Deschutes site says they use "American Ale Yeast" so it is either their proprietary blend or may have some Safale-05 or who knows what. The FG reportedly is 1.015 to 1.025 but my taste buds think it is closer to the lower end.
My question is, has anyone use the new blend wlp200 from Whitelabs and Morebeer that attenuates like 001 but floculates like 002.
The writeup and stats on the website look good and I will probably use it anyway just to see, but was hoping to hear if anyone has used it.
Thanks and of course Cheers!
brahn
Site Admin

Re: Best of both worlds (WLP200)

Post by brahn »

I haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting. Please report back if you end up using it!
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I'm not traditionally a big fan of English ale yeasts ...but it does sound interesting. Let us know how it turns out! :)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
rcwebrew

Post by rcwebrew »

Ok, will do (assuming I find some).
Sure hope it has more of the laid back californina character than that snobby british stuff. Must admit I liked what 002 did for my Porter tho.
RW
rcwebrew

Post by rcwebrew »

Status: Guess the experiment will have to wait. Brewed yesterday with SanDiego Super yeast. Will save experiment for a later date.