Purchasing...

A place to discuss all things related to brewing ingredients.

Moderator: Post Moderators

oc eric

Purchasing...

Post by oc eric »

I'm placing orders next week. Let me know what you'd like me to carry so I am certain to get it on this first round of orders. Thx folks!

If you're looking for something that isn't carried elsewhere, now would be the time to see if I can get it or not.

PS. The sign is up. You'll see Homebrew Provisions if your driving down Orangethorpe west of Raymond.

:cheers:
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: Purchasing...

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

One thing that drives me crazy about More Beer is that they don't carry flaked rice. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Some 6-row malt would be nice too. Other than that, just the regular stuff would be great.

What do you think your lead time is going to be on special orders? Since I plan out most of my beers well in advance, it would be nice to get out of the ordinary stuff from you rather going somewhere else.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

BrewMasterBrad wrote: What do you think your lead time is going to be on special orders? Since I plan out most of my beers well in advance, it would be nice to get out of the ordinary stuff from you rather going somewhere else.
From what I know, there is a 2 day lag from time of order to ship. Then it comes from San Francisco or Hayward. *NOW* is the time for any special orders since there is a minimum 20 bag order for grain. I'll include a bag of flaked rice hulls and 6 row in my order :wink:

Thanks for the heads up Brad. Anyone else?
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

oc eric wrote:I'll include a bag of flaked rice hulls and 6 row in my order
I may be overstepping my bounds here, but I think flaked rice and rice hulls are different. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers!
Jon Image
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

JonGoku wrote:
oc eric wrote:I'll include a bag of flaked rice hulls and 6 row in my order
I may be overstepping my bounds here, but I think flaked rice and rice hulls are different. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers!
Correct. I was talking about flaked rice (a brewing adjunct) not rice hulls. Eric should probably stock both though.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

oooops! Yes flaked rice and rice hulls. Don't know why I combined them.
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

Very first post here on this forum... but.. am excited about a new brew shop. I'll do my best to support. A couple things...

Pale Chocolate Malt. (B3 has it, but Steinfillers doesn't)
Wyeast strains - especially some of those that WLP doesn't duplicate (e.g.Rosleare) I'm not sure why its so hard to find wyeast at any LHBSs

Also.. just a thought.. i know many (extract) brewers use Brewing Classic Styles book to formulate many of their recipes. Many of the recipes call for Munich Malt Extract. I've never seen it - maybe somethign to look for. Also maybe some English Malt Extract - which i've only seen at Beer,Wine,Cheese inWoodland Hills.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Welcome Jimmy! Post early and post often. :happybeer: