3-year old light ale

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

3-year old light ale

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

A funny thing happened the other night. We went out to dinner with Kesslerbeer and some other members of my wife's family. After dinner, we went to cousin Joe's new house. I raided his fridge to see if there was something other than Bud Light in there. There were two bottles of 2006 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I drank those and they were good. I also noticed that Joe had a bottle of my homebrew that I had given him almost three years ago. It was from my first batch ever and he kept it since I had made custom labels and his picture was on the label. I told him that he had to drink it sometime, so we opened it. It was not a great beer to begin with, so I did not expect much from it. It was an extract light ale from a B3 kit. It was slightly oxidized, but had no signs of infection. It was acutally pretty good. I was surprised to say the least. That may have been the last bottle in existence of my first ever homebrew.

Brad
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

Cool! My sister still has a bottle of an Australian Shiraz I made that I gave as Christmas presents in 2002!! She had two bottles originally, but I convinced her to part with one two years ago which I drank over at JR's. It was ncredible.

I think next Christmas I am going to ask her to regift that bottle back to me!

Cheers!