Budweiser ...

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

brahn
Site Admin

Budweiser ...

Post by brahn »

American ALE? All Malt? Cascade hops? I think I just saw a pig fly by my window...

http://lewbryson.blogspot.com/2008/05/s ... r-sun.html
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

I am afraid to know what that will taste like.
Kevin
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

It just might work, though we'll be hit over the head with advertising like we're cavewomen or something...

Here's some of Lew Bryson's first page rant's. Some are pretty funny.

Are the goat farmers “targeting” the Italian market? Bet your ass they are: That’s where people buy goat meat.
Beer IS broad, it encompasses many things. To single out one beer type as "not really beer" is an act of snobbery, or ignorance.
Beer doesn't quench my thirst? That's okay, I just wanted to distract it for a while.
Bock, Maibock, Doppelbock, Weizenbock: I love 'em all. I am catholic in my bockaphilia.
Bring me your hoppiest beer. I'll drink it, and say "Hmmm, hoppy. Not bad."
Ever wonder why you drink the beer you drink?
Good God, MUST we be hit over the head by a beer to like it? Are we cartoon cavewomen??
I like getting hit over the head by a beer occasionally. But I do not think that such beers are necessarily superior by virtue of their power. I think they are interesting, much like a hurricane happening somewhere else.
I said that back in 1991, maybe 1992. I was malty when malty wasn't cool.
I was tired, I was battling intestinal problems, and I was missing my wife, but the beer blew that all away in one swallow. Here was a beer that carried its "complexity" in its soul, there displayed for anyone with the eyes to see.
In its most beautiful form, the buzz is a warm expansive feeling that puts you right in the zone … what zone, it doesn’t really matter, but you’re so damned centered in it you won’t want to leave.
Malt liquor invites hypocrisy by being so honest.
Oh look, a west coaster making fun of my capacity for hops. How droll. How original.
Pal, you pay enough already for the sin of working at your annoying job. You do NOT have to pay more to have a beer when that 8-hour shift in hell is over.
Should we stop making craft beers because we don't have a set of terminology that adequately describes all of them? Of course not, the language needs to catch up with the reality.
Specific Gravity only captures one narrow aspect of "MALTY," just as IBUs only capture one narrow aspect of "HOPPY." Neither addresses FLAVOR. Jon Binkley, 5/27/05
There is nothing more seductive than the exotic look of that cloudy nectar sitting perkily foam-capped in the buxom pipe of a weizen glass; beer in a WonderBra.
They buy cheap booze for the same reasons any of us buy anything: because we want it and can afford it.
They have some study that for X increase in beer taxes, there is a decrease in underage drinking of Y. They plug in new numbers all the time, but X is always a high number, and Y is always a nebulous one.
Vodka has...that eye-opening zing! that wrinkles the skin in your nose and makes you realize that this stuff is gonna clean the crap out of your pipes and let you live forever – at least for a while, just today.
When it comes to beer, Rodney King is right: we can all get along.
When people toss aside a beer as "not being true to style" because it's not "toasty," and never really say what they mean by "toasty," well, that I have a problem with.
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.