Announcing the Brewcommune Club Awards

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

CurtisG

Announcing the Brewcommune Club Awards

Post by CurtisG »

Hey Guys

I want to announce the Brewcommune club awards!

These will be awards given at the end of the year holiday party. I wanted to announce them now so members know what to expect and to act as an incentive to attend meetings and enter competitions.

Most Winningest Homebrewer, BJCP: This award will be given to the club member who gets the most medals awarded in BJCP competitions across the country. Points will be given for which medal you receive. 1 point for a bronze, 2 for silver, 3 for gold and an additional 3 points for Best of show! If you win an award for a competition please post here so we can tally the points.

Most Winningest Homebrewer Club meeting: This will act the same as the BJCP award but for our local competitions held at club meetings. See about club competitions here

Most Attended: This award will be given to the club member who attends the most club events. including club meetings, off month meetings, club brew days, and any special events we hold. Club officers are excluded from this award as they are required to attend most meetings.

Most Batches Brewed
: This award will be given to the club member who brews the most batches in the year. If you are brewing please post here so we can tally your points: Better get brewing!

Brewcommune Homebrewer of the Year: This is the big one! This award will be given to the club member who has most affected the club positively throughout the year. At the end of the year we will have an anonymous poll in which all club members can vote for 1 other club member to win this award. Your vote can be cast because you think their beer is amazing, if you feel they were very helpful in some way, or for any reason. I am looking into having a perpetual trophy for the category and should have an update on it soon!

Club awards will only be available to paid members

If you have any feedback please post here.
Depending on how these are received we may change them next year, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on them!
maltbarley

Re: Announcing the Brewcommune Club Awards

Post by maltbarley »

Most batches brewed: DT. Just give it to him now.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

I think it's great! It'll be a good start. Last time we tried something like this we debated it to its literal death.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Sounds like fun! Great idea!
--LexusChris

p.s. I did not see the award for Most Gruit Brewed.... hmmpff... ;)
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields