Breweries Around San Mateo

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Breweries Around San Mateo

Postby dhempy on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Can anyone recommend a brewery or three in the San Mateo area? A colleague is asking.

A quick internet search yields Steelhead and Devil's Canyon ...

Thanks.

Dan
dhempy

Re: Breweries Around San Mateo

Postby bwarbiany on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 am

Not too sure on other breweries, but depending on the context of why the colleague will be in the area, I can give some color on the area around Steelhead. Of course, Steelhead is a decent brewery and a pretty solid restaurant, so it might be justifiable on its own if he's looking for a dinner spot.

When I met my wife, she lived walking distance from downtown Burlingame, so we spent a fair amount of time there. It's a "hip" little area, and if your colleague is there for work gatherings with a number of other people, it's a great area to see. It's a nice downtown area to walk around, with a lot of little restaurants, bars, and shops.

Steelhead is a restaurant that would certainly appeal to a wide audience, or a "pre-dinner" bar to visit while heading somewhere else. Plenty of good options, while Il Fornaio is always a safe option. Looking at a map, there's a joint called Barrel House next to Steelhead, which if he's just looking for beer might be a good option. If there's a chance he's going to be looking for breakfast in the area during his visit, I can also recommend Stacks.
bwarbiany

Re: Breweries Around San Mateo

Postby dhempy on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks Brad
dhempy

Return to Cheers!