Club Meeting – November 17, 2015 7:00 pm

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Robert.Hall07

Re: Club Meeting – November 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Robert.Hall07 »

Hey this is right around the corner from my place! I would love to attend tonight - this would be my first BrewCommune meeting. Is there anything I should know to bring besides possibly a chair and a homebrew?

Really looking forward to it tonight.

Robbie Hall
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

That's it Robbie! Come meet the group!
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

Parking was pretty terrible last time I was in that area so Greg and I are going to get there a bit early and hang out at barley forge if anyone wants to join. We'll be there around 530.
windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Post by windsorhomebrewsupplyco »

A few people asked what kind of food options are around the shop.
~Barley Forge is across the street. On Tuesdays they have 4 different grilled cheeses to choose from. Grilled cheese and a beer $10. They also have some other food options.
~There is Ramen Zeton right next door. Good ramen.
~Around the corner is the camp with black market bakery, taco asylum, umami burger, native foods etc
~Halal Guys a few blocks away if you feel like waiting in line for a couple hours :)
~ Del Taco and Wahoo tacos are about a block.

Hope that helps.
Craft Conversations

Post by Craft Conversations »

I just got here at Barley Forge and can't wait for another brewcommune meeting! See you soon!
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

DrDually wrote:I will be there also...see you then
I was really looking forward to seeing the group again...but alas something came up
Maybe next meeting
:happybeer:
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Apologies on the lack of notes guys. Been an insane week at work and I head to vacation tomorrow. Of course I left all my notes at the office to type up. Perfect.

Worst case I promsie you will have them a week from Monday lol.

Gah!
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

** Note, there were several members who did sign in on then sheet but didn't put down what they brought so I was unable to capture it in the notes. Please make sure to fill that out! Also, it was a bit difficult to read some of the handwriting, so any clarity on that front for the next round would eba appreciated!

BrewCommune Meeting Notes

Meeting notes from November 17th, 2015 at Windsor Homebrew Supply in Costa Mesa.

18 in attendance

Discussed

Jon started off our meeting talking about the new 2016 club officer elections. Here are your officers for 2016:

President - Jon

Vice President - Curtis

Secretary - Big Tim

Treasurer - Brian B

Competition & Style Coordinator - Sam

October social gathering was a great success. Tony setup a meet at the Good Beer Co and it was well attended.

October Brewday was hosted by Tim Shepard and they brewed a Cali Common.

Campsites obtained for the Southern California Homebrew Festival on April 29th and 30th. Brad secured 13 campsites. Others are still available outside the group, but act fast.

AHA Learn to Brewday at RIIP Beer Company was well attended and several new folks came out to see what brewing was all about. Here are the members that did brew demonstrations:

All Grain Demo - Tim Shepard

Brew in a Bag Demo - Curtis

Extract Demo - Will

Holiday Party Tickets are now on sale for club members. Party will be at Derrin Roe's house this year (address in thread). Tickets are $20 per person and each member can buy a maximum of 2. 22 oz bottle exchange of one homebrew and one commercial bottle. Bring homebrew and special beers to share!

Talk about a how to mead day which seemed to gather some interest.

Tim Reismueller spearheaded a 24 day beervent calendar (like an advent calendar). Was a great idea and look forward to seeing more!

The club has taken 28 medals since the last meeting a few months ago including in the 28th Annual So Cal Homebrew Championship, 2015 Pacific Brewers Cup, and 2015 Anaheim Fest of Ales. There are too many members to list them specifically, but VERY well done and well deserved guys!!

Style Presentation

Chris started our style presentation which was on Red IPAs. There were three examples of this style were:

•Red IPA - Ninkasi

•Bobblehead Red - Coronado Brewing

•Double Red IPA - Alesmith Brewing

Homebrews Shared

Here is what was passed around and that was logged into the new (awesome) sign in sheet. If you were missed, please ensure you fill out the sheet when you arrive at the meeting!

•Raspberry Ale - Jon W

•IPA Session - Jon W

•Weissbier (In a cool trash can kegerator) - Hussam El-Leithy

•Berliner Weisse w/ Raspberries - Justin H

•Porter - Randy

•Double Belgium - Randy

•Unknown - Tim Shepard

*Special thank you to Hussam who brought meat and prezels to the meeting for snacks, and Scott the owner of Windsor Homebrew Supply for hosting us!