Club Meeting – July 21, 2015 @ Barley Forge Brewing Co - 7pm

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Brau Ritter

Re: Club Meeting – July 21, 2015 @ Barley Forge Brewing Co -

Post by Brau Ritter »

Hello fellow brewer,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the feedback on the beers I shared on Tuesday. I want to use the opportunitry to introduce myself. I'm a homebrewer since a little over a year and switch to all grain pretty fast. I usually brew 2-3 times a month and so far I tried a lot of different styles. Six month ago I started kegging with pinlock kegs. Really like that a lot.

I'm really looking forward to great discussions with fellow brewers and of course all the great beers I was able to sample.

Thanks,
Hussam
Bret America

Post by Bret America »

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome Tuesday at Barley Forge. Impressed with how many attend club meetings and the expertise in the room. Appreciated the feedback on my Summer Farmhouse. I enjoyed the good will and that every person there was willing to strike up a friendly conversation. Some good brews and education were had!

-bret
Craft Conversations

Post by Craft Conversations »

Hello everyone! My name is Sagar and Barley Forge was my first club meeting. It was really nice meeting some of you and hopefully soon I'll have the pleasure of meeting everyone else in the club. I really enjoyed the tasting (thanks Chris and the home brewers that shared)! I been brewing for over a year and a half or so and I love the science, artistry, and social aspects of brewing. I like a variety of beer styles and my selection depends mostly on my mood but have a preference towards Belgian styles (Triples, Quads, Flanders Reds, Lambics, etc.), balanced IPAs (good malt-hop balance e.g. Bell's Two Hearted Ale & Ballast Point's Sculpin, leaning less towards the very hoppy west coast IPAs and more for a hop focused balanced ale) and good bourbon barrel aged stouts and porters. I found out about the Brewcommune club through the wonderful staff at Brewers Hardware and currently building a BCS 460 brew stand but need help with my gas line and honeywell valves to my burners. Anyways looking forward to meeting everyone, learning from your wisdom, and thank you for a wonderful time!!! :happybeer:
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Another great welcome to the new folks that showed up. It's always great to find new people that share the passion of brewing.

Sagar - there are several of us here with BCS based systems. Don't hesitate to start a thread and ask questions. Also, if you haven't been there yet, check at the ECC/BCS forum at http://forum.embeddedcc.com/ . I'm also on that forum as JonW.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Welcome new BCers.

Sagar ... which Honeywell valves are you using? I'm using three of the Smart Vales similar to (if not exactly) this with my 462.

Like Jon said, start a thread and ask away.

Dan
Craft Conversations

Post by Craft Conversations »

Thank you guys for your help! I do not want to detract too much away from this thread so I will create my own and ask away.

I purchased this valve:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WZ ... detailpage
windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Post by windsorhomebrewsupplyco »

If it matters, I brought the kolsch. If it wasn't good...I didn't bring it