Club Meeting – May 19, at Beach City Brewery 7:00 pm

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

maltbarley

Re: Club Meeting – May 19, at Beach City Brewery 7:00 pm

Post by maltbarley »

JonW wrote:It's usually taco Tuesday there. But it's not a truck, it's a girl with a small griddle inside. Not sure what her production capacity is.

https://www.facebook.com/BeachCityBrewe ... =1&theater
She was a little backed up last time we did the meeting there so arrive early. The tacos were tasty.
Megastout

Post by Megastout »

I will be bringing an 8 month old weizenbock for review.
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Hey guys, apologies on not getting the meeting notes up yet. They will be posted within the next 24 hours!
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

BrewCommune Meeting Notes

Meeting notes from May 19, 2015 at Beach City Brewing in Huntington Beach

15 in attendance

Discussed

The homebrew festival was a huge success for the club. 26 different beers were poured and the quality of what was being offered was displayed by all the folks who kept coming up for a variety of pours including a lot of repeats to the booth. Lots of fun had at the campsite including having a group dinner with everyone chipping in on BBQ and sides.

Club brewday is June 6th and will be hosted by Megastout. There should be a thread with more specifics on this, please head over there for more info.

Club tasting on TeamViewer was hosted by Brent. We went over the 25b category with is Saisons. Huge hit with about 10 members all giving feedback and having fun.

Chris took a few minutes to talk about something that has come up a few times recently which was the BJCP beer judging tests. Chris is looking for form a study group based largely in the same format as the tasting the club does over web. Dates are still being discussed but all are welcome, from those looking to become certified or those just looking to increase their knowledge.

Style Presentation

Chris did our style presentation on Saisons from Beach City Brewing.

•Beach City Saison

•Beach City Biere de Garde

Homebrews Shared

Here is what was logged as being passed around. If you were missed please let me know so I can update this list. If you pass a beer around please ensure I know about it!

•(Old) Tim - Wiesenbock

•Chris - Gruit

•Sam - Sour Pacifico (he quickly disavowed all knowledge of it's existence)

•(Little) Tim - IPL with Falconers Flight

•Randy - Double IPA with Cirta
Attachments
IMG_20150519_195618324.jpg
IMG_20150519_195618324.jpg (4.15 MiB) Viewed 1498 times
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Thanks [big] Tim and an excellent picture of me scolding Curtis and his brother in crime for fondling the mash tun behind them! :D
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
Bret America

Post by Bret America »

Hello BC members. Been looking for a serious HB club and stoked to find Brew Commune.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Julys meeting - is there an email reminder or only forum?

Quick info - 2+ year brewer. Focus on farmhouse as homage to KS roots and growing up on family farm. Also plays well with my mad scientist tendencies. Favorite brewery is Boulevard - their wheat is essentially our state beer, Tank 7 is my influence. Favorite CA brewery is tie - Modern Times / Good Beer co.

-bret
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Bret America wrote:Hello BC members. Been looking for a serious HB club and stoked to find Brew Commune.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Julys meeting - is there an email reminder or only forum?

Quick info - 2+ year brewer. Focus on farmhouse as homage to KS roots and growing up on family farm. Also plays well with my mad scientist tendencies. Favorite brewery is Boulevard - their wheat is essentially our state beer, Tank 7 is my influence. Favorite CA brewery is tie - Modern Times / Good Beer co.

-bret
Welcome, Bret! But I'm not sure we can accept you as a member... We have two Brad's and we're looking for a third, and Bret is close, but no cigar... Sorry. :wink: :lol:

Seriously, welcome. I think you'll find that we are a serious HB club, in that we as a group are all focused on making stellar beer. I'm coming up on a decade of brewing, personally, and there are QUITE a few folks here who were pretty solid brewers long before I even started. Feel free to pepper us with as many questions as you'd like. Often the board can be a bit slow, as most of us have been doing this long enough that we don't have questions for each other, so we LOVE the opportunity to help out anyone new!

Cheers! :cheers:
Brad
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

+1 ...and welcome!

Dan