Weekend Brewing Fun

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

dhempy

Weekend Brewing Fun

Post by dhempy »

The other day I had the pleasure of being mash-bitch at a local brewpub. One of the principals had just had knee surgery and I volunteered to help out ... I had been hanging out there during their re-model as he'd asked me to reconfigure and weld up the railings that surround his bright tanks. So when he offered to let me help out how could I say no?

Their system is about 10bbl ... everything is copper clad which give the place kind of a cool ambiance ... they have 3 fermenters and 3 bright tanks each of which holds 15 bbl IIRC. On Tuesday we mashed in about 800 lbs of grain to brew a nice Trippel.

I was compensated for my welding expenses with a sack of 2 row and a pitch of La Chouffe which I tossed into a Belgian Golden Strong I brewed up on Sunday. The La Chouffe yeasties are hungry little suckers ... on Friday I fed them some DME ... I pitched about 3/4 liter of slurry into about 3/4 liter of starter ... in 15 minutes it had bubbled over my 2L flask. When I pitched it Sunday, it kicked off in 3-4 hours in 12 gallons at 65 degrees. I raised the temp to 67 today and it is still going strong.

Anyone else brew over the weekend? The weather was perfect up here for brewing.

Dan
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: Weekend Brewing Fun

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Very cool Dan.

I did brew this weekend. I brewed an American Amber Ale.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

Very nice Dan. We brewed a hoppy red on Sunday as well.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Very cool, Dan.

I drank some homebrew; does that count?
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Looks like fun Dan!

Brewed an IPA on Sunday... not nearly as cool as copper clad 10BBL brewing .. but the weather was excellent! :)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

I brewed over the weekend as well. After a terrible brew day during the Super Bowl, I now only brew if my kids aren't around or in bed... So I brewed starting at 8 PM Friday night, finishing and cleaned up around 2 AM. Oof.
Brad