Damn rats!!

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

backyard brewer

Damn rats!!

Post by backyard brewer »

So I'm in my shed, checking fermentation temps and putting some stuff away when I notice a bunch of plastic on the floor... That's odd I think and look up to figure out where it could have come from when I realize that f-ing rats (or big mice) have chewed through all my high-temp brewery hoses and my transfer hose. Little MF-ers! :evil:

Anyone know a way to kill a city block worth of rats without harming my dogs? My dauchsund gets one every now and again, but he can't climb!
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Bummer.

When I used to trap them I'd put the trap in a 5 gallon bucket and then push the opening of the bucket up close to (but not directly against) the wall. That kept the dog out fairly well (she loves peanut butter .. the best bait) and made the clean up easy. Since your doxie eats 'em, then lets out poisoning. Rats will climb so you can put the traps up high.

Good luck.

Dan
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Get big sticky traps and put them up on the shelves in the corners.
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

luckily when he gets one he just plays with it and kills it, he doens't eat them
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Here's a trap that every geek dreams about. So now you can check your Crackberry to see if that damn pest has been caught.
huntfisher

Post by huntfisher »

For squireels I use to put some coolant in small bowls or bottle caps. Coolant is sweet and will kill anything. I do not know if it will work in winter, but it really works in the hot summer months when water is not abundant. I killed 8 squireel and a few rats with the technique. I have dogs too, so just keep the coolant in cubbards or under the house.