Club Meeting - Tuesday May 20, 7PM at Out of the Park Pizza

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Crash

Re: Club Meeting - Tuesday May 20, 7PM at Out of the Park Pi

Post by Crash »

Thank you to everyone for the great conversation and homebrew tonight. And thanks to maltbarley for the excellent style presentation and samples!

I really enjoyed getting to be there and seeing what an amazing club you have shaped BrewCommune into!

I look forward to joining in on some brew days in the future.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Another great Brewcommune meeting! :happybeer:

Many thanks to MaltBarley for an excellent presentation on English & American IPAs!

Thanks also to JonW for putting together the meeting at OOTPP on short notice, and Blackcomb for taking notes and bellowing when needed!

For the folks from Brewlummnati, thanks for stopping by and sharing some brew. It is always good to catch up with members of other clubs.

I'll also say that we had some seriously good homebrew going around tonight! :cheers: Tim will post a brewlist shortly for the archives.

And a special thanks to Crash & Comrade for coming out and sharing some details about the founding of the club over 10 years ago. It was great to finally meet them! We expect to see them at future events as well!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Sorry I missed it. I haven't seen Crash and Comrade in many years. I am sure they are amazed that their little venture is still thriving.

The good news is that next quarter I am teaching on Monday and Wednesday nights, so I will be able to make the next couple of club meetings.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

I did some research on how I did the sour I brought and had it mixed up with the other one I did at the same time, it was a split batch.

WLP007 Dry English Ale from a swirled starter for Primary with ECY01 BugFarm in Secondary
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Brewcommune Meeting Notes
Meeting notes from May 21, 2014 at Out of the Park Pizza

Discussed

Chris talked about the Casitas trip. Had 12 beers on tap from members and everyone had a great time.

Jeff and Dave, the founders of Brewcommune, came by to attend a meeting. They talked about how the club got started with a beer drinking session one night when hanging out with a buddy who was a web designer. They were looking for a way to share recipes and it grew more quickly than they could imagine. Everyone started asking them where in OC they could all get together and meet, and the reaction blew their minds.

Barrel-aged beer for the club. There is now a forum post on this topic. Please weigh in!

Style Presentation

Tim did a style presentation on English IPAs. The beers passed around as style guidelines were:

Bengal Lager

Samuel Smith

Pikes English IPA

American IPA

Anderson Valley Hop Ottin

Anchor IPA

Homebrews Shared

Forgive me if I left anyone off. All beers shared were quite good, and if I didn’t hear it announced I may have missed it. Here are beers that were passed around:

Tony - Pale Ale (both all grain and extract variants)

Nick - Bragget DME mead

Chris - Honey Blonde

Chris - Money mad with rosemary and cinnamon

Jon W - Simcoe Pale Ale

Sam and Brian - Pale Ale

Jon W - Double IPA

Scott - American style red sour

Sam and Brian - Schwarzbier