Maharaja and Ruinten @ Costco HB

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

clarkfamilyhb

Maharaja and Ruinten @ Costco HB

Post by clarkfamilyhb »

Hey all,
Was just in Costco and thought I would pass along their deal, both bombers. Stone Ruinten is $5.49 and Avery Maharaja is $6.59. I stocked up but there should be some stock left. I don't usually get my beer from Costco because I am never sure how rough the storage is but I figured I would give it a shot.
I will let you know how these go down.
Ian
yl_ryan

Re: Maharaja and Ruinten @ Costco HB

Post by yl_ryan »

How was the beer?
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

clarkfamilyhb wrote:I don't usually get my beer from Costco because I am never sure how rough the storage is but I figured I would give it a shot.
I would expect turnover on specialty beers like this to be quite high, so I wouldn't expect storage to be any worse than most liquor stores.

In fact, it might be better, as big chains like Costco do a *LOT* to increase supply chain efficiency. They don't want anything sitting in a warehouse for 6 months waiting for a slot on a store shelf. My wife used to have a small dessert business and was trying to do some in-store demonstrations for Costco as part of a "road show", and the requirements that Costco has for suppliers are many pages long. The expect you to have your goods palletized when they arrive in store. They basically want to put it on a forklift, move it into position, unwrap the plastic wrap, and slap a price tag on it.

So Costco is probably getting these delivered direct to the store that will be selling it, on a pallet, right off the distributor's truck. So I'm guessing storage and handling are pretty decent.
Brad
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I have seen the Stone truck delivering beer to the Fountain Valley Costco.

Both of the beers were great, though I had not had either before hand.
GreyWolf27
clarkfamilyhb

Post by clarkfamilyhb »

The beers are fantastic, I stocked up on Ruinten again yesterday so it is still there, that is a great beer.
Ian
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I stopped buying beer from Costco 10 years ago... after so many lightstruck, skunked 12-packs, I gave up on them. Perhaps they have changed their storage process for beer since then? I hope so!

However, I did pick up some Ruinten from Wine Styles last week, and only just tried it tonight.. Awesome!!
:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields