New to the club!

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

clarkfamilyhb

New to the club!

Post by clarkfamilyhb »

Hi All,
My name is Ian and as you can see from the thread title, I just joined the club. I have been looking to join a club for a while and finally bit the bullet and did it (New Year's resolution). I live in Huntington Beach with my wife, 4 y/o son, and dog, and I have been brewing consistently since September, 2011. Actually I brewed back in my college days, extract, but all the brews turned out horrible. Looking back at it, I don’t think I believed in sanitation back then :o . So I got the urge again 15 months ago and I decided to go straight into all grain. I am weird that way, but to my surprise, my product has been consistently drinkable (knock on wood, haven't had to toss a batch yet). Now I want to start learning new things and seeing other people brew not on Youtube. I am a hop head so I will always have an IPA or DIPA in the keezer but I like most beers as long as they are BIG.
I don't have anything too sexy as far as a rig go so I am sure I will get some good ideas from you all. Anything I can do to make our 2 car garage, a no car garage!
Anyway, I rambled long enough. Hope to meet you all!
Cheers,
Ian
JonW
Site Admin

Re: New to the club!

Post by JonW »

Welcome Ian. I'm also in HB.
ArrogantDan

Post by ArrogantDan »

Welcome aboard Ian. It's always nice having someone new who shares our passion. You'll find this club very informative with lots of excellent brewers and down-right cool people. If I were you, I would definetly hook up with Jon for a brew day. He and his friends are way cool, he's got an incredible set-up, and makes outstanding hoppy beers. Our next meeting should be in the next week or two, hope to see you there.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

+1+2+3

Welcome Ian ... what the other guys said ... you will enjoy this group.

Dan
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Greetings Ian & Welcome!

Glad you found us! Welcome to Brewcommune!
:cheers:

Your story mirrors my own, and many others here. We all love brewing and helping folks improve their process & skill. We have open meetings every odd month of the year, usually about the 3rd Tuesday. We post those in this 'Cheers' forum, so keep your eyes peeled for a posting shortly!

The public side of the boards is open to all, and many great ideas are shared here. There is also an optional 'members' section for paid membes. We like to do a few club projects for members every year. As an example, the club bought 2 used bourbon barrels and 20+ of us brewed up a Beligan Golden Strong and brought them together to blend & age in those barrels. They are currently aging, and we hope to have something special to talk about soon!

Anyways, feel free to enjoy the public side of the boards, and definitely come to the next open meeting (around Jan 15) to meet everyone, try some homebrew, and swap stories about brews loved & lost. :D

Prost! :happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Welcome Ian!
Brad
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Welcome!

The level of information that will be gleaned is only limited by your willingness to learn. Glad you found us, hope to see you at a meeting or brew day soon

Chad
GreyWolf27
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

Welcome aboard Ian!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra